So you've registered for the Spring Soccer season, and now you're wondering:
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?!
What team am I on?
Coaches will not receive their rosters until mid February. You should get some sort of communication from your coach (via email most likely) sometime during the week of February 15th - likely LATE in the week (exceptions do apply if we are still looking for coaches for a particular age group).
Speaking of COACHES...
We need more volunteer coaches!! There are many perks to being a head coach... the most important is that by volunteering you give an opportunity for a child to experience the joys and lessons learned from participating in youth team sports. Here's a few other reasons:
- A $30 discount/credit towards registration fees for each team coached!
- FREE Coaches Clinic and Curriculum (practice plans included)
- Head Coaches get to select his/her practice preferences
CLICK HERE for a quick video on how to volunteer!
What about uniforms?
If you did not purchase the new kit in Fall of 2019, Spring of 2020, or Fall of 2020 (it's the one with the "Subaru of Gwinnett" logo on it), then you are required to purchase a uniform. Look for an email from our online uniform provider, SOCCER.COM with instructions. Haven't received an email? Email email@example.com and we'll lend you hand!
NOTE: 4U Soccer Sprouts do not require a uniform; a special shirt and soccer ball will be provided at the first session in March.
All players must have the following 2 pieces of equipment which can be purchased from an online vendor or a local sporting goods store: 1) Soccer cleats (molded rubber studs - no metal studs, and 2) Shinguards. Click on the images below for some options from our friends at soccer.com.
- Do NOT spend a fortune on cleats or shinguards. There are so many to choose from, and they all do the same job. And let's be honest - kids between the ages of 3-12 are going to grow out of them as quick as they do any other pair of shoes.
- Shinguards come with either ankle guards or no ankle guards. Most kids would probably prefer the shinguards without ankle guards (they get in the way and really don't help all that much anyways).
Invest in an extra pair of soccer socks for practices. If your child is 3-6 we recommend socks like these (CLICK HERE) because they fit the little ones better (munchkins should pick the "XS" size).
- 4U Soccer Sprouts must purchase shinguards and soccer socks. A shirt and ball will be provided at your first session, so don't buy a ball unless you want to practice at home before we start!