Dear Business Partners,
WOOP There It Is!
. . . Is a magical statement. I’m not referring to the groovy hit song “Whoomp There It Is” which spent one week at #1 on the US R&B chart in 1993. Instead, I’m referring to
a powerful strategy to achieve your personal or business goals
A useful tool to deal with COVID-19.
So, let me begin . . . .
. W.O.O.P. Here It Is!
, and it’s
science-based mental strategy
proven to be effective in achieving goals, and here are the steps:
- Step 1 – Wish - Choose a goal you would like to accomplish today or within the next few years. It should be challenging, compelling, and realistic.
- Step 2 – Outcome – Visualize the outcome. What would it look like? How would it make you feel? Be as specific and detailed as you can.
- Step 3 – Obstacles – List the obstacles/barriers that prevent you from achieving your goal. What’s standing in the way between you and your goal?
- Step 4 – Plan - Make a plan to overcome your obstacle. What action will you take when your obstacle shows up? If / When _________ (obstacle), then I will __________ (action to overcome obstacle).
Here is a sample W.O.O.P. goal setting process for dealing with the financial burden of operating a business under COVID-19:
- Step 1 – Wish – My goal is to reestablish business profitability within the next three months
- Step 2 – Outcome – I would have revenues exceeding expenses, be current on all bills, and have a cash reserve equal to three months of expenses?
- Step 3 – Obstacles – Revenue capacity has been reduced and Landlord seeking payment.
- Step 4 – Plan - When revenues fall, then I will:
As you can imagine the
goal setting process is a powerful tool
. If you would spend a few minutes every day using this method, you will find it will lead to the accomplishment of many personal and professional goals.
Let us know what strategies you are employing or how we can help each other in this crisis. You can find more business resources at
. Also p
lease contact us at 309-494-8640 or
for any questions or assistance. We look forward to rebuilding Peoria together.
Cesar J. Suarez
Senior Development Specialist