People are tired of personal politics and outrageous property taxes. That's why we need to focus on the facts and vote for change.
Here are just some of the reasons your County Board member has failed to keep property taxes low:
- The thirteen tax increases for which my opponent voted in her fourteen years of service;
- Unwarranted and substantial raise given to the chairman;
- The wasteful spending on contracts that failed to protect the economic interests of Lake County when contractors' failures cost taxpayer money;
- The absence of oversight or ethical guidelines regarding contractor relationships with elected officials (whose campaign donors are permitted to enter contracts with Lake County without disclosing the relationship); and
- Irresponsible budget practices that encourage excessive requests.
We deserve a better path. I'll work to get it done.
campaign! You can volunteer to get the word out. Let's send a message on Election Day: What's happening right now is not okay. We need better representation and lower taxes. We need change, not more of the same.
Vote for me, Susan Malter, on November 6.