Rooster founder Josh Turney attended CES 2020 this week, the largest and most influential tech event in the world. The show draws 170,000 attendees from all over the world with over 4,000 exhibitors showcasing the next generation of innovation. Products and services from CES range from 5G and mobile connectivity to AI, streaming services, smart assistants, smart cities, AR/VR, vehicle tech and digital health products.
Here are a few notable technologies from his experience:
- John Deere displayed a high-tech 120 foot sprayer that featured the ExactApply nozzle system which provides individual control of each nozzle.
- Impossible foods rolled out a plant-based pork replacement called Impossible Pork. Like the Impossible Burger, the main protein in the Impossible Pork is soy, with sunflower and coconut oils serving as fat sources.
- Foldable displays – Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Fold is the world's first foldable Windows machine.
- Pocketalk Voice Translator – Anyone traveling internationally would want to have this new gadget in their carry-on luggage.
- Kohler debuted an Alexa-powered shower head/speaker that cuts through the shower noise so you can listen to your favorite podcast in the shower.
- CES is definitely the place with the latest and greatest TVs. Samsung brought their 8k QLED TV with a bezel-less design, like an infinity pool. This TV is basically borderless and has an incredibly thin profile.
From health and fitness, sports and entertainment to gaming and smart homes, almost every facet of our lives is now connected and was represented at CES. It was an incredible show, and Rooster encourages you to attend if you have the opportunity.
A lot of cool things are unveiled every year at CES. The shiny new objects in marketing in 2020 digital marketing are the connectors. What ties all of the work into one platform and, ultimately, to the campaign goal.
CES is primarily about a technological showcase but sales and marketing do have a place. Specifically, a C space.
... Here are some more takeaways for marketing and media from CES.
... And here is one that takes a look at the cool CES offerings and assesses the privacy and data challenges.
... The best of the best from CES included prosthetic arms, soundbars, motorcycles, VR goggles and more.