Dear APAP Members and Colleagues,
As always, we want to keep you updated on the latest SBA news on the Shuttered Venue Operators Grant (SVOG) program, including providing the latest SVOG numbers, which are at the end of this email.
THE SUPPLEMENTAL AWARDS PROCESS ROLL-OUT CONTINUES:
The SBA continues to issue invitations to the Supplemental Awards process.
- Eligible applicants are defined as "recipients of first, second, and third priority round awards who suffered a 70% or greater earned revenue loss for when comparing 2021 Q1 to 2019 Q1."
- If you expect to get an invitation and haven’t yet, be sure to check the portal for pending action items.
- If you have the status “Supplemental Under Review”, that means the SBA is still calculating whether or not you are eligible.
- If your award is under reconsideration, your invitation will be send once that process is complete.
- To date, 3,980 invitations have been sent. 3,616 have been accepted.
- The SBA has stated that the disbursement of Supplemental Awards will begin next Wednesday, September 22.
DECLINE APPEALS and AWARD RECONSIDERATIONS:
The SBA continues to process decline appeals and award reconsiderations.
- For decline appeals, 4,748 invitations to participate in the process were sent. 2,727 applicants have accepted the invitation.
- For award reconsiderations, 1,982 invitations to participate in the process were sent. 1,363 applicants have accepted the invitation.
- The SBA continues to review these processes to ensure they are fair, equitable, and accountable.
THE SBA'S PROGRESS REPORT:
JUST THE NUMBERS:
As of earlier today, of the total 17,643 applications received, 16,716 decisions have been issued. These applicants have been notified of their status.
- 11,946 entities have been awarded. Award notifications represent $9.7 billion of which $9.54 billion has been disbursed.
- 4,770 applications have been declined.
- Of the applications received by June 26, the SBA has only two more to process.
- There are 913 applications remaining that were received after June 26 that are still in the pipeline.