Dear Friends and Supporters,
I hope you are safe and healthy! We could really use your help today.
As you know, along with you, we are committed to caring for over 340 abused children, homeless youth and families with children on a daily basis (nearly 1,000 annually). In a normal year, challenges surrounding raising the critical funds needed to accomplish this are numerous. However, each year, thankfully, God provides and people give generously, allowing us to continue serving.
Your prayer and financial support has never been more critical then now.
The COVID-19 crisis is impacting us all. At Place of Hope, we are already experiencing immediate increased needs and concurrent funding shortfalls.
- Area schools have closed and our children, youth and families are safe at home with us. In anticipation, we have purchased and stored extra food, supplies, medications, household items, etc. This, along with increased consumption rates (everyone home 24/7) creates an immediate financial challenge.
- Even more significant, we have been forced to postpone or cancel four (possibly five) major fundraising events that generate critical operating dollars year-round (spanning from PB Gardens to Boca Raton). Our normal attendance at these events far exceeds the number of people deemed within the CDC’s safety guidelines for public gatherings.
- After the incredible response at our recent Hope Bash and a planned (sold out) upcoming luncheon, we hoped to see budget goals met and increased participation with our programs. Our annual golf events were coming together with excitement and likely would also have been sold out.
- We have temporarily closed our Treasures for Hope thrift store (yet our expenses currently remain).
This year was shaping up to be a tremendous year financially for everyone. The economy was thriving and the stock market was hitting record highs. Today, we face a different reality but our Place of Hope/Villages of Hope beds and services remain at operating capacity and requests for our help continue while we navigate these immediate expense increases and fundraising gaps.
As you can imagine, this has not only created an
immediate cash flow challenge
, but also a potentially
significant projected budget year shortfall
None of this could have been forecast, but we are taking it seriously as our leadership team comes together to:
- Pray for the health and overall well-being of our children, youth, families, staff, volunteers, supporters, and national, state and local leaders.
- Decrease expenses and ensure efficiencies (while not negatively impacting quality of care).
- Humbly request your continued and increased financial support during this time.
The projected financial impact to Place of Hope’s operating budget (based on the above) is already in excess of $800,000
and we need to ensure continued provision for hundreds in our care today by making up this shortfall.
Will you please consider a generous gift to our One Life / Building Hope Annual Action Fund today?
Please consider a gift today
or call me at 561.719.4896.
please pray along with us.
Prayer can absolutely change our circumstances. No matter what happens, God is always with us and His concern for those we serve is paramount (Isaiah 1:17).
We appreciate you and your concern for our kids, youth and families during this stressful time.
Thank you for all you do to ensure the best for Place of Hope.