|Dear FSIM Members, Friends & Guests,
All are Invited! Fulfulling part of our mission to participate in community outreach projects, we are happy to offer our Feng Shui family an afternoon of giving back by volunteering at Bridging. We promise this will be a day that expands your heart and gives inspiration for doing good deeds. As our teacher, His Holiness Grandmaster Thomas Lin Yun said,
"One good deed a day, erases all Karma."
What is Bridging?
Through the effective reuse of donated items, Bridging improves lives by providing quality furniture and household goods to those transitioning out of homelessness and poverty. Bridging serves over 80 households each week who are given a sense of dignity and stability as they rebuild their lives.
Listen to our story, meet the clients who benefit from our program and see the place in action:
Watch the 2-minute video
When and where is the project?
Wednesday, September 13, 2017
Time: 1:00-4:00 pm, beginning with a brief program tour
Group Size: 10 - 20 volunteers
Parking is available in the lot on the west side of the building. Enter the parking lot by the Fran Heitzman Commons sign. We'll meet in the lobby which is just inside the main entrance door. We suggest leaving valuables tucked away in your vehicle.
What will I be doing?
- You will be providing general warehouse assistance: loading and unloading trucks, sorting through donated goods, rolling linens and restocking shelves. (A variety of tasks are available, heavy lifting is NOT a requirement and tasks are based on your abilities. There is something to do for everyone with a willingness to help be of service.)
- Specific projects will be determined on the day of your event based on final group size, inventory and warehouse priorities.
- Note: All volunteers must be 14 or older.
What should i wear?
- You should dress comfortably and in clothing that can get dusty or dirty. Layers work well since the temperature of the warehouse varies.
- Shoes must be close-toed; no sandals allowed.
Can I bring donations on the day of the event? Yes! Bring a bag, box or an entire carload! View the complete list of items we accept. Additional information about Bridging is available on our website at bridging.org.
We're looking forward to a great time volunteering together!