Your Help is Needed Now More Than Ever
We hope this letter finds you and your family doing well and staying healthy.
During this time of quarantine and social distancing, when so many are staying home and out of harm's way, JFS has and continues to respond to those in need in our community.
During the last 12 weeks of the pandemic, committed JFS staff and volunteers have:
- Delivered over 4,000 meals and made thousands of wellness calls to isolated older adults in the Jewish and broader community
- Responded to the needs of the vulnerable immigrant community - particularly families with young and school-aged children struggling with loss of income and childcare - distributing over 30,000 meals and 50,000 personal care items, including toiletries, toilet paper, and feminine hygiene products as well as health information in 3 different languages
- Helped over 200 Jewish families with over 800 hours coordinating services and basic needs assistance, including funeral costs and bereavement support
- Ensured a safe environment for hundreds, especially single immigrant mothers and their children, helping them access necessary medical care and maintain lodging when they were threatened with homelessness
- Worked with partners to mail over 2,000 cloth face masks to those in need
- Increased the access of frail older adult clients to medical care through appointment escort services, health screenings and telehealth visits
- Collected school supplies and seasonal clothing for low-income children as they anticipate a return to school
- Mentored first generation college students using virtual technology to keep them on track and support academic and professional success
- Provided homecare services to medically-compromised older adult clients
Last year with your help,
community members were supported by JFS. When the crisis hit, JFS responded quickly, providing desperately needed relief to our struggling neighbors. And, as the devastation caused by the crisis continues to affect so many now and through the coming months, JFS will be here providing basic needs and emergency assistance to those who need us the most.
Your help is needed now more than ever. Please, make a donation today -
which will have
twice the impact thanks to a $15,000 match
from generous donor
- to ensure continued support for all in our community.
Thank you for helping JFS make a difference in the lives of our community's most vulnerable during these difficult times.