News and Events for
Mark Your Calendar
- School Resumes & Session 3 Extended Day begins - Monday, 1/7/19
- 2019-20 Priority Registration - Monday, 1/7
- An Indian Evening with Dinner by Miss Juliet - Saturday, 1/12 from 6-8pm
2019-20 Registration Opens to the Community - Tuesday, 1/15
- Preschool closed to observe MLK Day - Monday, 1/21
- Preschool closed for Conversations w/Parents - Thursday, 1/31 & Friday, 2/1
- Deadline for Priority/Open Registration for 2019/20 School Year - Monday, 2/4
- Preschool closed to observe Presidents' Day - Monday, 2/18
- Preschool closed for Staff Development - Tuesday, 2/19
- Session 4 Extended Day Registration begins - Thursday, 2/21
- Annual Pancake Breakfast, Basket Raffle & Book Fair - Saturday, 2/23
- Summer Adventure Camp - registration begins in March - more info to come!
2019 - 2020 Preschool Registration
Priority registration begins Monday, January 7th and packets will be placed in preschool mailboxes. If you have siblings of a child currently enrolled or your child is in a PreK class and joining us in the fall, stop by the office to pick up a packet. Your child's registration form and non-refundable registration fee are due by Monday, February 4th.
Forms turned in after this date are considered late and placement will not occur until all Priority applicants are
processed. You will receive notification of placement for your child on Wednesday, February 20th via email. If we are unable to place your child in an option of your choice, the registration fee of $250 will be refunded. Open registration for the community will begin on January 15, 2019.
A few spots are still available for the first class on Mondays held from 9am - 10:30pm. Developed for children 18 - 30 months of age, the Cottontail program is
designed for caregivers (parent, nanny, grandparent, etc.) to attend a weekly hour and a half class with their child. Weekly topics include fostering independence, toilet learning, discipline, language acquisition and preparing the home environment for active explorers. Caregivers will assist their child as they create with natural and artistic materials, engage in circle times that are joyful and meaningful, learn to serve themselves snack, and join with other toddlers in a safe and playful environment. Click
for a registration form.
Reggio Journey Fund
The staff is busy preparing for their trip in May to the schools of Reggio Emilia. Because of your generous support, $36K has been raised and we're hopeful to reach our goal of $50K! Thank you to those families that made a tax deductible cash donation to the fund!! Other Reggio fundraising events planned this year are:
- Daddy/Daughter Tea Party - February 9th from 3:30pm - 5pm
- PJ, Popcorn & Pizza Movie Babysitting Night - March 2nd from 5pm - 8pm
- Family Movie Night on the Green Hawaiian Style - April 6th from 6:30pm - 8pm
- PJ, Popcorn & Pizza Movie Babysitting Night - May 11th from 5pm-8pm
- We were thrilled to see so many families join us for the Children's Christmas Pageant during the Sunday service in December. Click here to view this special Christmas service.
- We are very grateful for everyone's support and applaud the children's efforts to "catch the Gingerbread Man" during our 3rd Annual Gingerbread Fun Run! Just over $8000 was collected school wide!! Donations will go towards playground improvements and additions, as well as the Reggio Journey Fund.
- Fry's Community Rewards earned $76.70 this first quarter. Haven't registered yet, click here for information on how to link your shopper's card/ID to earn $$ for the preschool.
- We've received $128 from Amazon Smile purchases made thru October, 2018. If you shop at Amazon Smile, we'll receive a portion of the sales, but you must shop thru Amazon Smile. Click here for more information on how to support PPP.
PPC's Annual Youth Rummage sale will be March 22nd - 23rd and they are starting to collect your large items! To schedule a pick up (large items only), contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you'd prefer to deliver your large items, they will start collecting at Fellowship Hall on January 2nd. The proceeds from this year's rummage sale will benefit the 2019 Youth Mission Trip. Mark your calendar and come shop while supporting the youth of PPC.
- Questioning when to keep your little one home? Click here to review our policy regarding illness on pages 14 - 15.
- Help keep our community safe by driving slowly & without distractions in the parking lot when coming and going.
- Occasionally, check the "Lost & Found" located in the Preschool office for belongings left behind and turns up missing.
- Stay in the know by regularly checking your preschool mailbox for communication regarding classroom or school wide events and activities.
Events at Pinnacle Presbyterian Church
- Vistas Magazine - The January/February Pinnacle Vistas is full of interesting articles & events which can be viewed by clicking here.
- Children's Programs at PPC - Pinnacle offers a warm and nurturing program that is designed to create excitement in learning about our Christian faith. For more information, click here.
- Membership at Pinnacle - Are you looking for a church to call home? Click here for more information about becoming a member of PPC.
- Connecting at PPC - Click here to see the many ways you can get connected in the Pinnacle's church community.