Recognizing CCOM’s contribution to environmental planning, members of CCOM staff and board have been appointed to key East Hampton Town advisory committees for 2022.
1. The Coastal Assessment and Resiliency Committee (C.A.R.P.) is co-chaired by CCOM President Laura Tooman and includes board member Andy Harris and is responsible for implementation of the CARP plan in 2022.
2. The Montauk Downtown Wastewater Committee, responsible for establishing the feasibility of creating a wastewater treatment district and a centralized sewage treatment system for downtown Montauk, includes Laura Tooman and CCOM board members George Filopoulos and Andy Harris.
3. The Energy & Sustainability Committee, established to review and advise the Town Board on policies, programs, and issues promoting energy efficiency and environmental sustainability, includes CCOM board member Rich Silver.
4. CCOM President Laura Tooman is a member of the 7-person Water Quality Technical Advisory Committee established in 2016 to review and make recommendations on proposed water quality improvement projects using monies from the Community Preservation Fund.
5. The Montauk Beach Preservation Committee is chaired by Laura Tooman and was established in 2018 to explore the possibilities and impacts of creating a beach erosion control district in Montauk.
6. Appointed to the 5-member Waterfront Advisory Committee for 2022 is CCOM board member Andy Harris. The WAC advises the Town Board on Local Waterfront Revitalization Program (LWRP) implementation and on policy, project and budget priorities, as well as on amendments to the LWRP.