Rain Barrels: What You Need To Know
Starting on August 10, 2016 Coloradans will be able to collect water off their roof using rain barrels. Numerous Coloradans are excited for this change in legislation. Please remember to be responsible and adhere to the rules:
1. Water collected can NOT be used for drinking.
2. No more than two rain barrels with a combined capacity of 110 gallons or less may be used.
3. Precipitation is collected from the rooftop of a building that is used primarily as a single-family residence or a multi-family residence with four or fewer units.
4. The collected precipitation is use for outdoor purposes including irrigation of lawns and gardens.
5. The collected precipitation used on the residential property on which the precipitation is collected.
6. Rain barrels must be covered on the top to control insects.