Dear PPRA Members,
Our 2018-19 Board of Governors and committee chairs hit the ground running and made great strides in setting our educational agenda with a full Fall programming lineup already underway. The programming year kicked off last week with a sold out Media Mingle. If you weren't able to make it, don't worry, there are plenty of opportunities to join PPRA members at dynamic upcoming events.
PPRA continues its commitment to the professional development of college students and young professionals with the fourth annual Networking 101 tonight. We encourage you to invite your interns and associates to join us for tips on authentic and effective networking that will leave a lasting impression. This semester marks my first year teaching as an adjunct professor at Temple University's Klein College and I'm excited to inspire students with real-life examples and case studies.
I look forward to seeing you at our upcoming programs and encourage you to renew your membership to take full advantage of all that PPRA has to offer. Our membership levels have several new options this year. Don't miss the opportunity to take advantage of discounts by joining as a group within your company or organization.
Looking forward to seeing you soon!
Philadelphia Public Relations Association
Here are the Board of Governors and Co-chairs at the PPRA Annual Retreat planning for the program year. They met at Xfinity Live's 1100 Social Club for a productive brainstorming session.
The PPRA Hall of Fame members convened in July at the Offices of the Philadelphia Convention & Visitors Bureau. Hosted by Bonnie Grant, it was the very first meeting she attended as the newest inductee.
Thank you for being a member of the Philadelphia Public Relations Association. In order to continue to make your membership valuable to you, your feedback on this short survey is important to us.
has joined Billy Penn as Political Editor. He had been a senior writer at Philadelphia Weekly.
assumes Marin's former position as Associate Editor and Senior Writer at Philadelphia Weekly.
joins NBC10 as morning news anchor and breaking news anchor at Telemundo62.
joins KYW Newsradio as program director, replacing Steve Butler, who is leaving his role as dirctor of news and programming.
At CBS3, Temple University graduate
has come on board as general assignment reporter and former PHL 17 reporter
was named morning traffic reporter, replacing Meisha Johnson. Reporter
leaves CBS3 to attend University of Pennsylvania Law School.
New position with Visit Philly as CEO, starting Oct. 29
Mark Tarasiewicz: Was named Executive Director of Administration at Spector Gadon & Rosen, P.C.
Win an award? Speaking on a panel? Landed an amazing media hit?
Email us your good news at
or tweet us using #PPRAProud.
STUDENT PROGRAM: NETWORKING 101
Still accepting registrations!
Thursday, September 20, 2018
5:30 - 8:30 p.m.
Temple University Center City, 1515 Market St., Philadelphia, PA
MEMBERS ONLY PROGRAM: "MEDIA PITCHING CONFIDENTIAL"
Wednesday, September 26, 2018
5:30 - 7:30 p.m.
Brownstein Group, 215 S. Broad St., 7th Floor, Philadelphia
MEMBERS ONLY PROGRAM: "BEHIND THE MIC AT KYW NEWSRADIO"
Tuesday, October 2, 2018
8:30 - 10:30 a.m.
KYW Newsradio, 1555 Hamilton Street, Philadelphia, PA
2018 GOLD MEDAL AWARD LUNCHEON HONORING MERYL LEVITZ
Wednesday, October 17, 2018
11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Sofitel Philadelphia, 120 S. 17th Street, Philadelphia, PA
Each year, our PRactive program allows members to lend their time and talents as public relations professionals to a new nonprofit partner. This year we're helping
an organization committed to helping young people and their communities through arts education. Throughout the year, we will be collecting school supplies to create ArtWell at Home kits to ensure that students are able to continue their creativity outside of the classroom and in their home. A complete list of items can be found by
Donations will be accepted at PPRA events, board meetings or by contacting
to coordinate a special drop off/ pick up.
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS
New faces have joined PPRA. Make sure to say hello if you see them at one of our next events!
- Kimberly Barrett, PHLCVB
- Matthew Burns, AKCG - Public Relations Counselors
- Jazmyn Burton, Temple University
- Michelle Conron, Cashman & Associates
- Alex Coppadge, PECO
- Rene Cosides, Temple University
- Tim Costa, Ceisler Media & Issue Advocacy
- M. Luke Davis, High Point University
- Tiffany DuBois, Tiffany's Blog
- Kevin Dunn, PECO
- Kevin Feeley, Pennsylvania Horticultural Society
- Kim Fischer, Temple University
- Monica Fonorow, Historical Society of Pennsylvania
- Deana Gamble, City of Philadelphia
- Michael Gross, AKCG - Public Relations Counselors
- Bailey Hall, CBRE
- Jade Henley
- Will Jara, Ceisler Media & Issue Advocacy
- Barry Johnson, African-American Chamber of Commerce of PA, NJ & DE
- Andy Lochrie, Temple University
- Courtney Lodge, Temple University
- Colleen Lynch, Vault Communications
- Jennifer Margiloff, Temple University
- Steve McClellan, JEVS Human Services
- Bonnie Meister, Shriners Hospital for Children - Philadelphia
- Madison Mozer, PECO
- Afia Ohene-Frempong, PECO
- Joshua Ortiz, MARSCare Home Health
- Greg Paone, American Dairy Association North East
- Brian Price, AKCG - Public Relations Counselors
- Francesca Reynolds, Temple University
- Jill Roman, AmeriHealth New Jersey
- Corianne Schrim, Unite for HER
- Liz Semon, Vault Communciations
- Melissa Sherman, Ceisler Media & Issue Advocacy
- Julia Shreiber, Ceisler Media & Issue Advocacy
- Christopher Stein, Temple University
- Katleen Titus, All Fitness Events, LLC
- Alexa Vecchione, The Philadelphia Orchestra
- Michael Vinci
- Christopher Vito, Temple University
- Kate Wolper, Vault Communications
- Lisa Yoon, Independence Blue Cross
- Britni Zahodnick, Independence Blue Cross
Your dream career could be a few clicks away. Visit
PPRA's Job Bank
for more details on the following positions:
- PR Account Executive, Cashman & Associates
- Senior Account Executive, Cashman & Associates
- Director of Communications & Marketing, Fabric Workshop and Museum
- Account Executive/Manager, BTC Marketing
- Communications Coordinator, Gift of Life Donor Program
- Digital Communications Manager, Visit Bucks County
- Marketing/Public Relations Associate, Durand, Inc.
- Communications & Marketing Manager, Riverbend Environmental Education Center
Copyright © 2017. All Rights Reserved.