April 13th, 2017
In ATIXA's quarterly newsletter, we share a Tip of the Week, spotlight association news, and share our upcoming events. In addition, ATIXA brings you information relevant to the field of education and Title IX, with article updates and announcements directing you to relevant content. If you like the newsletter, we hope you will join ATIXA so that you can receive the weekly version of this great resource.
Announcing a New Publication from ATIXA
The ATIXA Playbook: Best Practices for the Post-Regulatory Era
ATIXA is excited to announce its newest publication,
The ATIXA Playbook
, a 120-page book developed by nationally-recognized experts and field-leading practitioners as a comprehensive guide to ensure that the resolution of sexual misconduct allegations on college campuses is done right.
Access the Playbook Today
- The ATIXA Playbook is now available for free as a member benefit to all Super Members and Full Members of ATIXA, in electronic form. ATIXA Members can access and download an electronic copy of the Playbook in the member resource library.
- Not yet a member of ATIXA? Join today to access your Playbook for free.
- Non-members may purchase an electronic copy of the Playbook today for $129 in the ATIXA store, and download the publication for immediate use.
Coming this Summer: Purchase the Playbook in Hardcopy
- The ATIXA Playbook will be available soon in paperback, and can be purchased directly from Amazon for $279.
Additional Content from ATIXA and The NCHERM Group
- In addition to releasing this Playbook in 2017, ATIXA and The NCHERM Group are releasing companion Whitepapers. Both are adapted from The ATIXA Playbook, entitled The ATIXA Rubric for Addressing Campus Sexual Misconduct and Due Process and the Sex Police (forthcoming), respectively.
- Together, the ATIXA and NCHERM Group Whitepapers comprise 50 pages of the 120-page ATIXA Playbook. They address the Playbook topics more briefly and are free of charge in service to the field.
Making a Determination: Stalking vs. Lurking
Perhaps the most vexing situations for colleges with respect to stalking, in addition to lack of exposure, come from two issues, the first of which is the Title IX/VAWA intersection of stalking, and the second is what we call the issue of lurking. Click here to dig a bit deeper into a comparison of the two.
April is Sexual Assault Awareness & Prevention Month (SAAM), and encourages
people to learn more about sexual violence and step up to stop sexual assault.
The Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network (RAINN) has put together a free online guide of graphics, stats, and content to give people an easy way to engage throughout the month.
As cases are filed, decided, or preliminary rulings of importance are reached, ATIXA summarizes them for you in
Member Library New Resources
Current ATIXA Members, review the list of new resources available in your Member Resource Library this week. Not yet a Member of ATIXA? Learn more about how to join today to access our extensive resource library.
Earn Your Certification with ATIXA in San Diego this Summer
Registration is open for our San Diego training event! View our full course
, and lodging information.
Back By Popular Demand: 504 Coordinator Certification. Learn more about this one-day certification.
New Certification Course: Civil Rights Investigator Level Four Due Process.
about this new training opportunity.
of Certification Courses available in San Diego.
Registration Now Open for the 2017 Joint National Conference
Conference Call for Programs
The Conference Committee welcomes program proposals for concurrent sessions for the 2017 ATIXA/SCOPE Joint National Conference. Read more about our criteria and how you can submit your proposal prior to our deadline of Tuesday, May 30th, 2017.
New Conference Opportunity for Students: Poster Presentations
The Conference Committee is currently soliciting proposals for the inaugural Student Poster Session, scheduled to be held on Wednesday, October 4th, 2017. This program is reserved for undergraduate and graduate, degree-seeking students interested in presenting posters on research, programs, offices, or policies that reflect an important contribution to a campus/school and/or community.
to view our full program details and guidelines.
Stay up-to-date on Current News with Title IX Today
Title IX Today is now a FREE daily digest!
Sign up to stay up-to-date on the most current Title IX news each day.
ATIXA is pleased to introduce the newly relaunched Title IX Today! Title IX Today has shifted from a monthly newsletter to a FREE daily news feed. ATIXA has scanned the top stories and is now delivering a free, daily dose of Title IX and ATIXA news directly to your inbox, conveniently classified into K-12, Higher Education, and General Interest categories.
Look forward to the great value and practical application of the new daily version, as well as in the ATIXA products, services, and training opportunities available.
Any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special Incentives Available to New Final-Eyes Subscribers
The NCHERM Group
announces new incentives towards subscribing to
Final-Eyes Off-Site Investigation Services
You've been trained to investigate civil rights violations. You have experience investigating sexual misconduct complaints. You've been through every detail, twice. Yet, some cases still leave you feeling uneasy. Have you asked every question? Is there anything you're missing? This flat-fee, off-site support and review service is offered at two levels and priced based on your investigation report volume.
Final-Eyes is the reassurance you need when there is zero margin for error on campus sexual misconduct cases. Have the confidence that one of the nation's foremost experts on Title IX has laid final-eyes on your findings, sanctions, and/or remedies and thinks you are on the right track.
This off-site support and review includes:
- Initial investigation report review
- Phone/email consultation with the Coordinator/Investigators to roadmap an investigation from inception
- Consultation with the Coordinator on gatekeeping decisions
- Light support for Investigators during the investigation as needed
- Second-round review of revised reports
Purchase Final-Eyes Service by April 30th for New Incentives
Receive the following promotional items with your new Final-Eyes subscription:
To learn more about what it means to be a Final-Eyes Plus client, to review details of our Policy Assessment, and/or to discuss this promotional offer in detail, contact Ryan McDavis,
Vice President for Client and Member Relations, at (610) 993-0229, ext. 1009.
Training Opportunities Near You
ATIXA Civil Rights Investigator Training & Certification Course Level One
- May 3 & 4, 2017 in Sioux City, IA
- June 21 & 22, 2017 in Lewiston, ME
- July 12 & 13, 2017 in Milwaukee, WI
- July 20 & 21, 2017 in Oklahoma City, OK
- July 26 & 27, 2017 in New York, NY
- August 1 & 2, 2017 in Modesto, CA
- August 3 & 4, 2017 in Denver, CO
- September 20 & 21, 2017 in Annandale, VA
ATIXA Civil Rights Investigator Training & Certification Course Level Two
- May 22 & 23, 2017 in Columbus, OH
- June 28 & 29, 2017 in Portland, OR
- July 17 & 18, 2017 in Dallas, TX
- July 24 & 25, 2017 in Omaha, NE
- October 16 & 17, 2017 in Allendale, MI
Civil Rights Investigator Training & Certification Course Level Three
For a complete listing of products and services from ATIXA, view the
Fall 2016 Catalog
An Interdisciplinary Resource For News, Legal Developments, Commentary, and Scholarship About Title IX
By Founders & Contributors Erin Buzuvis, Professor of Law, Western New England University & ATIXA Advisory Board Member and Kristine Newhall, Ph.D., Women's Studies
See recent Blog Posts
New This Week:
Visit the ATIXA Job Board for a complete list of current employment opportunities.
Submit your open position to ATIXA, free of charge. Please send all relevant information, including a link to the job post, to