Dear Valued Chamber Members & Affiliates,
Are you a small business constituent in El Dorado County with questions about the best course of action in response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis?
As a result of a meeting on April 6th with the Greater Sacramento Economic Council (GSEC), El Dorado County, and El Dorado County Chamber, the El Dorado Hills Chamber of Commerce is pleased to announce a
Small Business Guidance Webinar
on Wednesday, April 15th, 1:00 - 2:00 PM via Zoom. We shared some of the concerns and confusion that we are hearing from you, and GSEC offered this as a solution.
This webinar, co-hosted by El Dorado County CAO Don Ashton and Supervisor John Hidahl, will include Board Leaders from GSEC to directly answer your questions. The primary goal of this program is not to go over program summaries, but to answer and address some of the more technical questions we are hearing from small businesses:
- Should I really take on debt now?
- Do I furlough or lay off employees; what are the pros and cons?
- If I know my business will not survive, what steps can I take now to shut it down with minimal issues in the future?
- What documents do I need to have in hand and ready before I apply for a loan or PPP?
Our Chamber has shared two questions to be answered that you have asked us:
- Which banks are accepting non-customers to process PPP loans?
- Is a hardship criteria for the PPP loan to be forgiven?
We are in this together, and we are fortunate to have strong partnerships throughout the region. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our Chamber staff or me directly at
We are your business resource.