Big News! We are thrilled to announce our upcoming 2023 Parent Leadership Conference and ask you to consider becoming a sponsor for this exciting event. Here are the details:
Date: Saturday, September 30, 2023
Time: 8:00am - 3:30pm
Place: National Conference Center, 399 Monmouth St, East Windsor NJ 08520
Every two years, SPAN Parent Advocacy Network convenes parent leaders from around the state to enhance their skills, network, and celebrate what we do. The conference will offer thought-provoking speakers and informational breakout sessions to provide attendees with the tools and inspiration needed to advocate for infants, toddlers, children, and youth.
Highlights of the day:
- A panel of State Agency Leaders sharing updates and opportunities for family engagement.
- Breakout sessions related to helping families access services
- Information on how to navigate family-serving systems
- Youth leaders sharing their stories of self-advocacy
- Strategies to ensure accessibility, diversity, equity, inclusivity, and belonging in our advocacy efforts
- Ways to improve self-care, wellness, technology skills
- Select sessions presented in Spanish and some opportunities for simultaneous interpretation
- ASL interpretation as requested
- and more…
We are able to do all of this, and offer scholarships for family members and young adults who need that support, because of generous supporters and careful planning to reach the most participants.
In addition, we are kicking off the conference with an End of Summer Soirée on Friday evening, September 29, 2023.
Find details about sponsorships, the Soirée, and other conference information here.
We hope you can join us at one or both of these exciting events and look forward to seeing you in September!