BALLOTS ARRIVED THIS WEEK
We know homelessness is a problem, but our opposition was, in part, based on 5 things:
- No specific plan of how the 250 million dollars per year was going to be spent
- No successful programs or results were sought our specified
- Private enterprise was excluded from the implementation or participation in the system change
- The onslaught of new taxes in the past 14 months including the CAT gross receipts tax
- The COVID-19 crisis has devastated the finances of businesses and family budgets
Right problem to solve, wrong solution and for sure the WRONG TIME TO BE ASKING FOR MORE TAXES.