Your Weekly News

Seeds to Grow

Let's celebrate the labor that built up this great land from field to field, desk to desk, hand in hand.





Thank You
Renewing Members

Gresham Toyota Scion

Lenny Martin Painting LLC

Olive Garden Restaurant

Finance of America Mortgage - Clackamas Branch
Chamber in Pictures
Congratulations to one of our local community bank members. They rang the bell at NASDAQ. What a thrill to highlight the bank and their involvement in making our local economy prosperous. On the board of Riverview Community Bank is Bess Wills, Gresham Ford.
Photo Credit: Katharine Kimball
Chamber Works !

Chamber members represents over 32,451 employees, many who work for larger employers like Gresham-Barlow School District and have enjoyed the annual GBSD convocation kickoff.
Farm Tour Time Coming Up. Sept 13, Friday. One farm on the tour is a local hemp farm. (No, there will not be free samples.)
This Week's AM
Friday, August 30, 2019 | 7:22-9:00 AM

(Outside) 5003 W. Powell Blvd Gresham, OR 97030
A great networking opportunity to meet more than 100 Chamber members and prospective members.
New faces are always welcome!
Try Local First

A Backpack Can Make a Difference!

Lots of demo and new construction is happening at our schools. While 40% of that revenue comes from residential property taxes the remaining 60% is derived from the business and commercial real estate property taxes.  As a result, businesses have seen a substantial increase in their cost for doing business.





Sponsored by
Member Tips, Tools & Press Releases
Did you know?

As of 2017, Australia’s kangaroo population was around 50 million—or around two kangaroos for everyone one person. That’s a big increase from 2009 when there were only around 27 million kangaroos.
Household Tips

If your HVAC equipment is more than 10 years old, chances are it’s due for an upgrade. This home improvement will save you money on heating and cooling costs—more than $115 a year, says Energy Star.
We’ll pay you! On hot summer and cold winter days, you probably use extra energy to cool or heat your business. Now, with our Energy Partner Smart Thermostat program, you can outsmart that pattern — and earn money back. Learn more at portlandgeneral.com/energypartnerthermostat
Ready - Set - Grill (safely)

Position your grill well away from your home and deck railings, and out from under eaves and overhanging tree branches.
Hair Color Tips

Never box color your hair. Box dyes are made with extremely abrasive chemicals that are designed to show results in 35 minutes at a discount price. When a salon professional colors your hair a formula is created for your hair type and for the preexisting color. 
Tourism

Pack the cooler, load up the camping gear and hit the road with the kids. Oregon has so many great places for family adventures that it’s sometimes hard to know where to pitch your tent. Get started with these cool trip ideas. To learn more , Click Here.
Friday AM Meetings

"You at 7:22"
AVAILABLE ONLINE! Member Event Calendar
Need to promote your special day event, fundraiser, request for volunteers, meet and greets, classes, meetings and more? Get value by listing your events with the Chamber.

Click here for a complete list of Member Events.

To post an event, email the details to gacc@greshamchamber.org or call 503-665-1131.
If submitting tips, please remember to keep it to 40 words or less.
Member Job Openings
List Your Job Openings With The Chamber

One of the free benefits of membership is the ability to post job openings on the Chamber's website. To post a job opening send the details in a Word document to the Chamber Office .

Click Here for a list of current job openings.
Connect with the Gresham Chamber
Gresham Area Chamber of Commerce | 503-665-1131 | gacc@greshamchamber.org | GreshamChamber.org