Sweet Potato Casserole
8 sweet potatoes
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 stick+ 2 tablespoons flaxseed mixed with 6 tablespoons of water
3 tablespoons maple syrup
1 cup pecans
Optional topping: Natural marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Poke each potato with a fork on a baking sheet. Bake for about 60-70 minutes until tender.
- Scoop out the insides of the sweet potatoes and place in a pot. Add 2 tablespoons maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, 1/2 teaspoon salt, vanilla, 1/2 stick butter, and eggs.
- Blend with a hand mixer until well combined.
- Place sweet potato mix in casserole dish and bake for 30 minutes.
- While the sweet potato are baking, in a small bowl, mix together the pecans, remaining tablespoon of maple syrup, 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 2 tablespoons of butter. Set aside.
- When done, take the casserole dish out of the oven and turn the oven to broil. Top the casserole with the pecans and place back in the oven for 2-3 minutes to toast. Enjoy!
Creamy Mashed Potatoes
2 lbs. Russet or white potatoes peeled and cut
2 tbs ghee
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1.5 tsp sea salt and pepper
1.5 tsp garlic powder
- Bring water to boil and add potatoes
- Cook 12-14 minutes until tender
- Drain and return to pot
- Add remaining ingredients and blend with immersion blender or potato masher
Maple Bacon Brussels Sprouts
1.5 lbs Brussels trimmed and halved
4 strips bacon
1/2 cup pecans
1 tsp ground mustard
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1 tbs sea salt and pepper
- Boil water in large pot
- Cut and trim Brussels and boil for 4-5 minutes
- Strain under cold water and dry
- Heat 12" cast iron skillet and cook bacon for 7-8 minutes
- Add Brussels and pecans and cook for 5 minutes on high heat
- Add maple syrup and cook for another 1 minute
- Salt and pepper