Josh Adams, Woodhaven CC
Born and raised in Louisville, KY. He attended Georgetown College for business management. After receiving his business degree Josh attended Rutgers University and received a Turf Management Certificate. While attending Georgetown College and Rutgers University he worked under David Hawes at Wildwood Country Club, who instilled in his "Passion for golf course maintenance." After finishing at Rutgers University Josh was hired by Walter Pritchett as Assistant Superintendent at Hurstbourne Country Club. He spent 6 years under the mentoring of Walter, and then he was hired as the Golf Course Superintendent at Woodhaven Country Club. Josh has been married to his lovely wife Blaire for over 11 years and has two beautiful children, Kate and Evan. When not at work or spending time with the family, Josh loves to play golf or be on a fishing boat.
10 questions with Mr. Adams
1) Name 3 things in your utility vehicle that you never leave the shop without?
coffee, soil probe, water hose
2) Do you bleed Kentucky blue, Cardinal red or something else?
3) If you weren't in the golf business what would you be doing?
Major league fishing
4) Worst job you ever had if other than the one you have now?
Worked at a day care in high school, taking care of other peoples kid's can be rough
5) If you could pick 3 people, dead or alive, to play golf with whom would they be?
Tiger Woods, John Daly, Davis Love III
6) If you were President what is the first thing you would do?
Veto the Clean Water Rule o WOTSA Act, whatever they call it
7) What's your handicap?
3.5, I need to start working less so I can get that sucker lower
8) Why did you get in the golf business?
Played college golf and wanted to be a Golf Professional but got hooked on the turf side of golf. Trying to keep grass alive in the transition one seemed more appealing than listening to golfers complain about the golf course.
9) Who has influenced you most in your career?
David Hawes, Superintendent at Wildwood CC and Walter Pritchett, Superintendent at Hurstbourne CC. Both helped teach me knowledge I needed to be successful and they still help guide me today.
10) What is your favorite course?
Augusta National was phenomenal to see but I really want to play St. Andrews in the toughest conditions.