Your Weekly News & Updates
From Pastor Doug:
There is so much for which we are thankful!
During this season of Thanksgiving, as we prepare for Advent, and as we spend time focused on service and witness to our downtown Orlando community, it's a perfect time to begin (or renew) a practice of gratitude -- where we regularly list things we're thankful for, let people know just how much we love and appreciate them, and give thanks to God. Today, just a few of the things I am thankful for;
- My new Trinity family, the MANY new baptisms and members at Trinity
- Our daily ministry efforts for, and with, nearly 500 people daily on Trinity's campus, in addition to our local community outreach and support to our partner ministries in downtown Orlando and surrounding areas
- A growing number of people coming to worship each week
- Our wonderful music at Trinity...our choirs, soloists, organists and a growing praise team
- Getting to work together with a gifted team of leaders who serve across all Trinity ministries, talented and passionate administrators, an invested & capable elected and lay leadership, an amazing group of highly talented and dedicated teachers, and wonderfully talented and generous volunteer teams across our all of our Trinity ministries!
For all of this, and so much more, I give thanks to God!
Coming Up Next: Your Next Community Outreach Opportunity
Our next Community Outreach opportunity for the whole Trinity family will be Friday, December 1, at the "Downtown for the Holidays" Tree Lighting Celebration at Lake Eola. Trinity Downtown is a founding sponsor of this City of Orlando event and will be involved in several ways.
- Our school students will be singing on the Lake Eola Amphitheater stage during the program from 5:10-5:40pm,
- Trinity volunteers will be asked to volunteer to hand out event programs that evening, our
- The Outreach Ministry Team will be sponsoring its annual Hot Cocoa and Bake Sale tent(donations wanted, see article below), and the
- Whole Trinity Family will have the opportunity to volunteer to participate in a various interactive CHRISTmas projects with Downtown Orlando guests while they visit our vendor tents and enjoy a cup of hot cocoa and good conversation! Our interactive CHRISTmas project will include two quickly completed give-away items designed to bring the WORD of God into the homes of of our Downtown Orlando neighbors, sent with prayers from our congregation that those simple items will spark a conversation about the true meaning of Christmas in the homes their taken into.
This will include YOUR PARTICIPATION IN
- An interactive ornament construction amid CHRISTmas Storytelling
- two give-away ornaments with some component of the true Christmas Story attached and
- a dress-up family photo booth where families can dress up in costume pieces to be Wise Men, Joseph, or Mary and pose with Baby Jesus in the manger for a fun CHRISTmas photo. These free photos will be immediately posted to Trinity's Facebook page, which will allows us to invite those families to follow our page and keep up to date with upcoming Trinity activities, Trinity's blogs and more!
With four adjacent vendor booths, where kids and adults alike can hang out and put together a CHRISTmas gift, take photos, enjoy some cocoa and homemade baked goods, we'll have an opportunity to connect with lots of friends and neighbors! Please mark the date on your calendar. Sign ups begin NOW by contacting Chanda by email or phone at
or 407-488-1919 x101.
Tree Lighting Event Sponsorships/Donations Needed by THIS FRIDAY
- Borrow or Sponsor: Two 10x10 tailgate tents Two tailgate tents are needed for the Tree Lighting Event. We have two on campus, and need two more to be ready for the event this Friday. We could borrow yours or if you find one on sale and would like to donate it to the church for this and future events, please do! Solid color preferred.
- Borrow or Sponsor: Christmas Lights: to light up and decorate our vendor tents at the event. WHITE string lights in working condition, or small white table-top pre-lit artificial Christmas trees to sit on table tops as decor and lighting. No taller than 18", no wider than 12".
- Sponsor Request: Outreach Christmas Ornament Supply Sponsor If you would like to be a sponsor for the Christmas outreach supplies, we would love to have your support as this specific event is not in our Trinity ministry budget and relies heavily on volunteer support and donations! If you'd like to donate $25, $50 or $100 we would certainly welcome and appreciate your support.
- Sponsor Request:Outreach Christmas T-Shirts! We have Christmas T-Shirts with a HUGE Trinity logo (with Christmas lights) on the back and a Christmas message of "IT'S STILL ALL ABOUT JESUS" on the front for our Trinity volunteers. If you would like to sponsor this expense in $25, $50 or $100 increments we would certainly welcome and appreciate your support for those as well! It's going to be a GREAT display of Trinity's primary message that evening! And a great tool to get our TRINITY name and logo out into the community in large numbers so people can ask "Where's Trinity!?" and we'll have a bunch of people there to answer that question, invite people to visit or come in for a tour, and share a lot more about Trinity ministries!
Please contact Chanda ASAP if you can donate! THANK YOU!! 407-488-1919 x101 or TLC@trinitydowntown.com.
BAKERS FOR OUTREACH PLEASE!
Tree Lighting Bake Sale Donations are needed.
(Maybe this should be a new subgroup of ministry teams? The Trinity Bakers for Outreach). Trinity bakers, we need you again!!! Please donate to our Tree Lighting Bake Sale hosted by Trinity's Outreach Ministry Team members. (We're even selling homemade doggie treats to benefit the Comfort Dog Ministry!) Proceeds for human baked goods will be used to defer expenses of the Free Hot Cocoa and the Outreach Takeaway Gifts for the event. Baked goods can be dropped off at the Magnolia office on Trinity's campus after 8:30am Thursday, Nov 30 and no later than noon on Friday, December 1. (If you need an alternate drop off plan, call and we'll arrange something! 407-488-1919 x101) If you're able to, please wrap in individual purchase bundles (if you're not able to do this, we can help! Just give us a call to let us know), and please also note what your baked item is called and any special details (please include allergen details that aren't indicated in the name of the item - nuts, dairy, etc). Please do not put prices on your items. Your participation in this fundraising opportunity is most appreciated!! THANK YOU!!
What a wonderful week of service, witnessing, and fellowship before the Thanksgiving holiday. Please be sure to read the
to enjoy photos and read about all the activity! Thanks to all of you who gave of your time and your special gifts to serve where there were needs!
Invite Someone to be your guest!
We've asked you to be thinking and praying about who you might invite to an Advent Devotion or Christmas Eve Worship Service. Now you can share an invitation card,
add your contact information
, and follow up with that invitation. Invitation cards are now available in the Narthex, in packs of ten. Please take just one pack so that we have enough for everyone to share with friends, coworkers and neighbors.
Looking for a Babysitter this Holiday Shopping or Date Night?
Support our School Ministry Grade 7 & 8 Field Trip to Washington D.C.!
Getting everything ready for the Christmas season can get very busy! Do you have some last minute errands you need to run before Christmas? Grade 7 & 8 students at Trinity Lutheran School are their offering babysitting services at Trinity on Saturday, December 16. You may drop off your child(ren) from 1 p.m. - 5 p.m. and enjoy some time to get those last minute items checked off your to-do list. (Children must be potty-trained to attend this event.) During this babysitting time, the children will make Christmas crafts, play games, eat Christmas snacks, watch a Christmas movie, and spend time with the students. All the funds raised from this babysitting event will go towards the Grade 7 & 8 class trip to Washington D.C. The
Price for 4 hours of babysitting at Trinity:
1 child = $10, 2 children = $20, 3+ children = $25
Please sign up on the clipboard in the church narthex or school office so we will know how many children will be attending and we can plan accordingly. (Two or more TLS teachers will be in attendance and supervising the babysitting as well.) Thank you!
Chick-fil-A calendars are available to purchase on campus in the church office, CDC office, and K-8 office for $8 each. The calendars come with a promotional card offering a free food item each month in 2018 (worth about $25-30 total). The funds raised through the sale of these calendars will benefit two groups of young people on our campus, the Grace Notes children's choir (for their performance polo shirts, sheet music and fellowship events) and the 7 & 8th Grade students (for their Washington D.C. class trip). Great for your family or as a gift for someone else! Thank you for supporting our Trinity kids through your purchase of these calendars.
Trinity Shares Christmas
Thank you to everyone who is participating in Trinity Shares Christmas! If you haven't returned your gift or food item yet, please bring it no later than Sunday, December 3. Any items that are missing after December 3 will have to be purchased by the TSC committee, so please be sure to bring everything no later than that. If you would like to help with deliveries in December, please contact Glenda Frazier at
Women of Trinity
If you were looking for the LWML large Mite box that used to be in the Narthex, that box was coming apart and discarded after the church renovations in October. There is a new purple mite box with a gold ribbon around it in the East side-Narthex room as of November 18. The new box has a slot large enough to receive your small mite box or your loose change. Help yourself to an extra small mite box on the table to put into your car or wherever you might unload all of your loose change each day! So far this year, Trinity has given $726.94 to the National Headquarters to support global missions. THANK YOU!! You can learn more about our mission grants online at:
. Thank you for previous donations of mites and quilting materials.
Our next quilting session will be held January 4, 2018 at 9:30 am. All women of Trinity are welcome to participate, or just come in to visit and share in some fellowship time!
We'd love to have you join us!
Sunday Morning Bible Studies
All adults are invited to Sunday Morning Bible Study in Fellowship Hall, meeting from 9:30-10:30. The current study centers on "God's Grace- What is it, How do we get it? How does it change us? What happens when we share it?" Also meeting at 9:30am on Sundays is the Women's Group studying "God's Wisdom for a Mother's Heart." This group meets in the small room behind the main office, along the Loggia Hallway. Various additional studies are offered during the week. Visit
for more information.
Rebecca's Garden of Hope
The next opportunity to participate with Rebecca's Garden of Hope will be to contribute to a side dish or dessert for a group of kids and adults engaged in this tutoring outreach on Saturday, December 16th. The theme is a Christmas Dinner. If you'd like to provide a side dish or dessert, please contact Terry Boggs at
. This is a great
outreach opportunity open to anyone
in the congregation -- lovingly coordinated by Trinity's Outreach Ministry team members. Additional volunteer dates are available for tutoring and/or meal prep. You can contact Terry or sign up at this link:
Touch a Truck, March 3rd - Church Members are invited to join PTL's School Families to help plan Touch a Truck!
TAT is our largest campus-wide community outreach event as well as being a
fundraiser for our school. It takes many hands to lighten the workload of this event, so we really need our parents to come to this meeting and find out ways in which they can help out.
The Planning Meeting will be held on November 28
@ 5:30 pm. If you have any questions email PTL@trinitydowntown.com.
OUC 5K December 2
Two of our of CDC Staff Family, Meridith and Laura, have embarked on an adventure this year! They have completed a 5k race every month this year and they would like YOU to join them for their last race of this year. The OUC 5k is on
December 2. It is 3.1 miles long. You are welcome to run, walk or run and walk, like Laura and Meridith do! The cost of the race is $40 however, we have received a generous discount from Track Shack of $10 off each registration fee using the code RunTrinity. Here is the website link for more information about the race:
Feel free to ask Meridith if you have any questions at
December 1 Orlando Holiday Tree Lighting TLS kids sing, TLC members hand out programs, and the whole Trinity Family participates in sharing CHRISTmas holiday traditions with the Downtown Orlando community
December 3 First Sunday in Advent
Dec 4 & 5 Trinity's Christmas Trees go up in the Sanctuary
December 6 Wednesday Advent Worship @ 12:10 -12:50 and 7:00pm
December 13 Wednesday Advent Worship @ 12:10 -12:50 and 7:00pm
December 20 Wednesday Advent Worship @ 12:10 -12:50
December 20 Service of the Longest Night 7pm
December 24 Sunday Worship 10am,
Christmas Eve Children's Program 3pm,
Candlelight Communion Worship 5p, 7p, 9p, 11p
December 25 Christmas Day Worship at 10am
December 31 Regular Sat/Sunday Worship Schedule AND New Year's Eve Worship at 7pm
Attendance and Giving
Weekend of November 19, 2017
Confirmation N/A this week
Total in Worship 300
Last week C & M Actual Recd: 15,922 Budgeted: 14,250 Over/(Short): 1672
YTD C&M Actual Recd: 299,885 Budgeted: 287,107 Over/(Short): 12,778
Bridge To The Future Received: 440 YTD: 22,210
Faith Factor Received: 0 YTD: 11,180
Trinity Resurrection Received: 0 YTD: 14,490
Faithfully Forward Received: 400 YTD: 8,228
Comfort Dog Received: 20 YTD: 530