The Long Beach Development Services Planning Bureau is conducting quarterly tune-ups to modernize the City’s Municipal Code.
You are invited to provide input on updates to the City’s Municipal Code to address new land use trends and business types, better respond to unique neighborhood development patterns, and improve administrative processes.
Zoning Code Tune-Up Open House
Wednesday, November 6, 2019
5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
The Guidance Center – Training Room
1301 Pine Ave.
Topics in the latest proposed code amendments include:
- Eliminating prohibitions on storage attics within accessory structures in residential districts
- Clarifying how new uses and unspecified development standards are applicable in specific plans and planned development districts
- Clarifying use regulations for the obsolete Office Commercial (CO) and Highway Commercial (CH) zones
- Creating a process to allow temporary uses for community benefit projects on vacant lots
- Eliminating change of use parking requirements for publicly run, post-secondary educational institutions
- Expanding the permissible industrial areas in which aerospace manufacturing uses are permitted
- Exempting canvas awnings and canopies from height limitations
- Clarifying in which industrial zones personal storage and commercial storage/personal storage uses are permitted.
The open house will also include an overview of efforts underway to update adult-use cannabis land use and business regulations, including building design standards and the project review process.
For any questions, please contact:
Cynthia de la Torre, Planner