The New Normal. The Next Normal. Nothing will ever be “normal” again. I don’t know about you, but I don’t think I’ve ever heard so much obsessing about the concept of “normalness” in my life!
Yes, the global pandemic has upended all of our lives and drastically changed seemingly everything. From the marketing perspective, once the economy starts to open up again, many organizations (including yours) may have to revise their marketing strategies, tactics and messaging. But even so, the basic principles of marketing are not going to change. The “same old normal” will still apply!
This means that you will still need to…
Understand your target audience
– Who exactly are these people? What is important to them?
Focus on the benefits
– The fact that all anyone cares about is “what’s in it for me?” is not going to change. You need to clearly communicate how your product or service will solve their problems, meet their needs or improve their lives.
Make an emotional connection
– Your goal should be to present your offerings in such a way that prospective customers can start to envision and feel that they’re
the benefits that these things provide.
Build credibility and trust
– If you do not come across as credible and trustworthy, no one is going to buy.
Anticipate and overcome objections
– You can do this directly in your text or images, or indirectly by sharing third party endorsements, such as credentials and testimonials.
Have a clear call to action
– What do you want people to do as a result of your marketing piece? Place an order, schedule a consultation, give you a call, fill out a form, watch a video, download a report, or what?
Track your results
– You need to be able to tell which of your marketing efforts are working, and which are not.
Source: Plumtree Marketing, www.PlumtreeMarketingInc.com, PIASC member