Who is Watching Over Your Operations?
Sales and operations: the
yin and yang
of a wholesaler-distributor organization. If your company is like most independent wholesaler-distributors, it is sales-focused, founded and led by sales personalities. But with such a focus on sales, are you ignoring the importance of strong leadership on the operations side of your business? Guest contributor
The Distribution Team
offers insight into the importance of strong operations leadership and discipline at your company.
Annual Survey Results: Proposed New Features
We thank everyone who took the time to participate in our annual user survey last month. The main focus of this year's survey was to get feedback concerning possible new features. And, as is our tradition, we included features that already exist, just to see if anyone is familiar with them. Here are the "proposed" features listed in this year's survey, and their current status:
- "With a click of a button at the WarehouseTWO website, create and transmit a purchase order to the seller.": This does not yet exist. Per the survey results, interest is tepid. If you feel strongly about this feature, let us know.
- "Easily identify items that are offered for sale at prices below standard distributor cost.": This functionality already exists. It is called, "BARGAIN HUNT". Check it out.
- "From within your company's business system software, search for items available from other WarehouseTWO members. When you find what you need, easily create a purchase order to the WarehouseTWO member. (No need to go to the WarehouseTWO website.)": This capability already exists. Tribute and TrulinX ERP system software users have had it for years. Similar functionality is now available to Prophet 21 users, via third-party programmers. Contact us for more information. Let us know what ERP software your company uses.
- "From within your company's business system software, send a 'Broadcast Request' email blast to other WarehouseTWO members, (No need to go to the WarehouseTWO website.)": This is new functionality, available through an API. Contact us to learn more.
- "From within your company's business system software, send an inquiry email to the WarehouseTWO member who has what you need. (No need to go to the WarehouseTWO website.)": This is new functionality, available through an API. Contact us to learn more.
- "View the distance between the seller and you (to determine the closest source of the item, or to help estimate freight charges).": This functionality has existed for a few years, viewable on the SEARCH and MULTI-SEARCH screens. We turned it off last week, due to the skyrocketing fees charged by Google for this service. We are exploring ways to bring it back. Let us know if this functionality is important to you.
- "Expose selected items owned by your company (e. g., surplus inventory) to all members of WarehouseTWO, overriding standard community access restrictions.": This functionality already exists. It is one component of "WEB MARKET". Check it out.
- "Expose selected items owned by your company (e. g., surplus inventory) to search engines, such as Google and Bing.": This functionality already exists. It is another component of "WEB MARKET". Check it out.
- "Have selected items owned by your company appear in other members' search results, offered as possible substitutes for what was searched for.": This functionality already exists. It is called "RELATED ITEMS". Check it out.
- "Training videos. (Currently, only training documents in PDF format exist.)": These do not yet exist. Some day. Some day.
"WarehouseTWO helps me out in a pinch on the hard to get (brand) items when my customers need them fast."
Toledo, OH USA
Results of Our Annual Survey Taker Gift Card Drawing
As is our tradition, we drew at random the names of five WarehouseTWO users who completed this year's annual users' survey. Recipients of $100 gift cards are:
Thanks again to everyone who participated in this year's survey. We appreciate the feedback.
Ed Ashton, K. G. Chase & Son Ltd. (Moncton, NB Canada)
Pat Fisher, Buchanan Automation Inc. (Snohomish, WA USA)
Harmony Hogan, TSI Solutions (Stone Mountain, GA USA)
Rob Mudge, Standard Source, Inc. (Webster, MA USA)
Jessica Pilczuk, Forberg Scientific, Inc. (Troy, MI USA)
Featured Feature: Mobile-Friendly SEARCH and MULT-SEARCH Pages
pages are available in versions optimized for mobile devices, such as smart phones and tablets. With this capability, your field sales team easily can search the WarehouseTWO database from their smart phones, to provide product availability to end-customers while on sales calls. There is no need to call your customer service staff for assistance. See for yourself: point your smart phone's browser to the
and log in.
Mobile-friendly SEARCH and MULTI-SEARCH pages are available only to membership levels of 3 or higher.
for more information about WarehouseTWO's membership levels and monthly subscription fees.
Our next round of five different training webinars is scheduled for Wednesday, January 16th and Thursday, January 17th, 2019.
for session syllabuses and for links to register for any of these webinars. Space is limited, so register early!
Distribution "Quip" of the Month
(Said of a slow-paying customer) "We are a distributor, not a bank."
Got a favorite work-related quip? Or a snippet of wisdom applicable to the world of wholesale-distribution?
Share it with us
WarehouseTWO Tip of the Month
Mouse-less cursor movement on the Search and Multi-Search pages: "Alt-P" moves the cursor to the "Part Number" field. "Alt-D" moves it to the "Item Description" field.
Referral Rewards Program
The easiest way to get more value from your WarehouseTWO account is to increase participation by other distributors and manufacturers. Over the years, many of you have been loyal "evangelists", recommending WarehouseTWO to peer distributors, to manufacturers and to associations and marketing groups.
We want to encourage and compensate you for the results of your efforts. To learn more about our "WarehouseTWO Referral Rewards" program, and how you and your company can benefit,
WarehouseTWO eNews Archives
How to Turn an Irate Customer into a Calmer, More Rational One
When Quoting a "Promise Date" for a Backordered Item, are you a "Padder"?
Are Your Customers Price-Shopping... Within Your Company?
Mental Gymnastics: Just for Fun!
This month, November 2018, the sun will rise above the horizon thirty (30) times and the moon will rise above the horizon twenty-eight (28) times, when viewed from Paris, France. (Don't believe us? Click here for sunrises and click here for moonrises, from Paris.)
Part A: This same month, how many times will the sun rise above the horizon, when viewed from the Sea of Tranquility on the moon?
Part B: This same month, how many times will the earth rise above the horizon, when viewed from the Sea of Tranquility on the moon?
Click here to submit your answers to both parts (A and B) by Friday, November 16th, 2018. Only your first response will be considered. The first correct responder will receive a $20 USD gift card. All other correct responders will be entered into a drawing for two additional $20 USD gift cards.
To view the answer to last month's Mental Gymnastics challenge, click here.
Got something to ask or something to say? Want to learn more about how formalized inventory-sharing with WarehouseTWO can help your company be more successful?
. Or call us at 1-650-329-1592 (USA Pacific time zone).
Enjoy your day!