Our students were gifted the Miraculous Medal from a kind-hearted and generous donor for the Diocese of Oakland. Over 10,000 Miraculous Medals were blessed by Bishop Barber and shared with every school in the Diocese. Our faith family activities are focused on the 4 Dominican Ideals of Community, Prayer, Study and Service. Our students have focused on community and prayer. On Friday, they focused on "
Study" and learned about the significance of the Miraculous Medal. Ask your child about the Miraculous Medal and pray to our Blessed Mother Mary together.
The medal has the following details:
- 12 Stars that remind us of the 12 apostles, who represent the entire Church. The Church is us!
- Half globe with a snake on it. Mary's foot is crushing the snake and it is a reminder that Mary conquered evil.
- Rays coming from Mary's hands to represent the graces she obtained for those who ask for them. Graces come from God. She receives the graces from Him for us.
- Words around her head is a prayer we can pray
- The letter M and a Cross is Mary standing at the foot of the cross
- Two hearts - one heart is of Jesus with a crown and thorns; the other is Mary's heart. The sword reminds us that her heart was hurt when her son Jesus was arrested and crucified.
Congratulations to 8th grader Gabriel who is the grand prize winner for having the most laps of the day!
FUN RUN 2020 WAS A GREAT SUCCESS! CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYONE THAT PARTICIPATED BY RUNNING, PLEDGING AND SENDING GREAT WISHES. OUR FUN RUN PLEDGE SITE CLOSES ON FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 14. THERE IS STILL TIME TO GET YOUR PLEDGES IN AND SPONSOR A STUDENT.
- HEALTH : WATER BOTTLE REFILL STATION LOCATED IN DOMINICAN HALL
- ACADEMICS : ONE CLASSROOM SET OF CHROMEBOOKS
- SAFETY: KEYLESS ENTRY INTO THE SCHOOL BUILDING
HAS IT ALL!
Let's get 100% participation.
THANK YOU FOR HELPING US MAKE OUR FUN RUN 2020 SUCCESSFUL.
Join us on Friday, February 14
Students will Jump For Heart
$1.00 donation to wear Red Free Dress
all donations will be for the American Heart Association
Student Town Hall in the gym at 8:10 a.m.
Jumping festivities will begin immediately after town hall.