In the name of Christ, we embrace all people to be nourished and empowered by the Holy Spirit to love and serve the world.
Volume 7, Issue #15
April 13, 2017
Come Worship With Us!
Maundy Thursday, April 13
7PM Solemn Choral Eucharist with washing of feet
and all-night vigil at the Altar of Repose
Good Friday, April 14
12PM & 7PM Veneration of the Cross with Holy Communion
Holy Saturday, April 15
8:15PM Easter Vigil service, beginning in the cloister garden
Easter Sunday, April 16
8AM Spoken Mass & 10:30 AM Festive Choral Eucharist
Following the service,
please join us in the parish hall for a champagne reception.
News & Announcements
Burial Service for Emily T. Gable
will be at Ascension on Tuesday, April 18, at 11:00 a.m.
CHILDREN - "Godly Play 1" and "Godly Play 2" - Every Sunday,
9:15 a.m. - contact Frances Kirchhoff (firstname.lastname@example.org).
CAYA meets on the second and fourth Sunday of each month,
at 5:00 p.m. in the parish hall. All teens and young adults are invited. For details, contact Kristi Buffenmyer (email@example.com).
VIGIL OF THE ALTAR OF REPOSE
Maundy Thursday, April 13
Take a turn tonight at sitting for this all-night holy vigil.
- THREE DIVAS
from KSU, previously scheduled for Sunday,
April 30, has been cancelled
- 4/2/17 - $4,794
- 4/9/17 - $6,281
(Same schedule is posted on the office window.)
This schedule includes acolytes, chalice bearers, lectors, altar guild and men's club teams, coffee hour hosts, and vestry lockup duties, plus any dedication for altar flowers.
Sunday, April 16, 2017
Daily Lectionary: Year One
Easter Week, Year One (4/16/17) - BCP 958
8:00 a.m. - Rite I
- Chalice Bearer: Scott Mello
Lector & PoP: Michal Smith-Mello
- Acolyte: Stuart Brown
10:30 a.m. - Rite II
- Chalice Bearer: Suzanne Cox
- Lector: Laura Buffenmyer
- Thurifer: Mac Elliott
: Daniel Aossey & Thomas Bemiss
T: Jordan Masters & Ian Pinkerton
JS: Peyton Heady & Hannah Lee
- Ushers: Jim & Debbie Kimbrough
- Altar Guild: T1 - Suzanne Cox, Laura & Kristi Buffenmyer
- Men's Club: T4 - Charlie Caudill, Timothy Agne, David Verry, Tom Richardson
(reimbursed vestry pickup - Leah MacSwords)
- Jan Stevens is our Hospitality Coordinator - contact her by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to host Coffee Hour, please sign up on the printed sheet on the office window.
VESTRY LOCKUP DUTY: Leah MacSwords
- VESTRY MEMBERS: Weekly lockup volunteers needed starting next week. Please sign up on the sheet on the office window ASAP, or check the Schedules & Teams PDF schedule above and email your preferred dates to Mona at email@example.com.
Intercessions for the Church: St. Philip's Church, Harrodsburg The Rev. Peter Doddema,
Recently in need of prayers: Ann; Avadot & Amy; Bob; Collin; Cooper; Darlene; Debbie; Donna; Duncan & Jo; Faye & Steve; Gail; Jim & Debbie; Keila; Lara; Linda; Luke; Natalie; Nancy Jo; Natasha, Mickey & Camron; Polly; Ruth; Sherri; Walt & Betsy.
Continuing concern: Alfred; Bettie; Bill C.; Bill N.; Billy B.; Bob; Caleb; Doris & Charlie; Dwight; Harrison; Hope; Jan; Jean; Jinks; John; Julia; Leigh G.; Maggie; Marilyn; Mike E.; Ruth; Sarah; Scott & Kathy; Twister, Barkley & Fran; and Willie. We also pray for those on active duty in the military: Daniel, Houston, and Seth.
Birthdays: 4/20 - Geoff Pinkerton; 4/21 - John Bullock; 4/22 - Maggie Campbell.
- Prelude: Carillon de Westminster - Louis Vierne
- Opening Hymn: Hymnal 207 - Jesus Christ is risen today - Easter Hymn
- Gloria: S 280 - Glory to God in the highest
- Offertory Choral Anthem: With a voice of singing - Martin Shaw
- Sanctus: S 129 - Holy, holy, holy Lord
- Fraction Anthem
- Communion Hymns:
- Hymnal 192 - This joyful Eastertide - Vruechte
- Hymnal 178 - Alleluia - Alleluia No. 1
- Closing Hymn: Hymnal 182 - Christ is alive! - Truro
Clergy and Staff
- The Rev. William Jessee Neat, Rector
- The Rev. Dr. William G. Brown, Assisting Priest (Retired)
- The Rev. Nancy S. Farley, Assisting Priest (Retired)
- The Rev. Linda McCloud, Assisting Priest (Retired)
- The Rev. Deacon Rebecca A. Saager, Curate
- Mr. John B. Martin, Director of Music & Organist
- Ms. Mona Landrum Proctor, Parish & Financial Administrator
- Mr. David Gierlach, Sexton
Click here to see
Copyright © 2016 Church of the Ascension. All Rights Reserved.