In the name of Christ, we embrace all people to be nourished and empowered by the Holy Spirit to love and serve the world.
Volume 7, Issue #18
May 4, 2017
Church of the Ascension's
CAPITAL CITY CHILDREN'S CHOIR
INFORMATIONAL MEETING & SUMMER SESSION REGISTRATION
SUNDAY, MAY 14, 2017
9:15 AM - 10:15 AM
- Gather in the Parish Hall -
This year for Mother's Day, give your children the gift of music. Please join us as we celebrate our many blessings through music and creative movement.
ALL ARE WELCOME - bring your friends!
Parents and Children (ages 1-18) are invited to attend this meeting; child care and refreshments will be provided.
Summer Choir Rehearsal Dates:
Sundays, June 4 through August 20, 2017 (9:15-10:15 AM)
For more information, contact Christina Thomas Mazaheri
CHILDREN - "Godly Play 1" and "Godly Play 2" - Every Sunday,
9:15 a.m. - contact Frances Kirchhoff (firstname.lastname@example.org).
CAYA meets on the second and fourth Sunday of each month,
at 5:00 p.m. in the parish hall. All teens and young adults are invited. For details, contact Kristi Buffenmyer (email@example.com).
Next Sunday, May 14: Free breakfast for all mothers!
ECUMENICAL FOOD DRIVE
- Sunday, May 21
Let us know who "our" church graduates are this year, whether from high school, college, or other significant program. We are compiling a list, and need your help to let us know if you, your friends or family members are graduating in 2017. Call Mona at 502-223-0057, or email
FRANKFORT READING CAMP - June 19-23, 2017
- 4/2/17 - $ 4,794
- 4/9/17 - $ 6,281
- 4/16/17- $ 11,331
- 4/23/17 - $ 3,593
- 4/30/17 - $ 6,522
April - Total Income: $32,566
April - Total Expenses: $32,652
(Same schedule is posted on the office window.)
This schedule includes acolytes, chalice bearers, lectors, altar guild and men's club teams, coffee hour hosts, and vestry lockup duties, plus any dedication for altar flowers.
Sunday, May 7, 2017
Daily Lectionary: Year One
Week of 4 Easter, Year One (5/7/17) - BCP 960
8:00 a.m. - Rite I
10:30 a.m. - Rite II
- Subdeacon: Susan Kurtz
- Chalice Bearer: Jim King
- Lector: Jim Kimbrough
: Jillian Word & Daniel Aossey
T: Lucy & Charlotte Saunderson
JS: Peyton Heady, Hannah Lee
- Ushers: Linda & Tori Word
- Altar Guild: T2 - Faye Thacker, Rose Gayle Hardy, Agnes Parman, Ruth Feindel, Jan Riedel
- Men's Club: T3 - Roy Upshaw, Jack Bates, Charles Major, Fred Kirchhoff
Pauline Van Horn & Roy Stivers - THANK YOU!
- Jan Stevens is our Hospitality Coordinator - contact her by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to host Coffee Hour, please sign up on the printed sheet on the office window.
VESTRY LOCKUP DUTY: Pauline Van Horn
Intercessions for the Church:
The Church of the Ascension, Mount Sterling.
Recently in need of prayers:
Ann; Anthony; Avadot & Amy; Bob; Collin; Darlene; Debbie; Donna; Duncan & Jo; Faye & Steve; Gail; Jamie & family; Jan; Jenny; Jim & Debbie; Keila; Lara; Linda; Luke; Natalie; Nancy Jo; Natasha, Mickey & Camron; Polly; Rebecca; Ruth; Scott; Shelia; Sherri; Walt & Betsy; Will & Irish.
Alfred; Bettie; Bill C.; Bill N.; Billy B.; Bob; Caleb; Doris & Charlie; Harrison; Hope; Jean; Jinks; John; Julia; Leigh G.; Maggie; Marilyn; Mike E.; Ruth; Sarah; Scott & Kathy; Twister, Barkley & Fran; and Willie. We also pray for those on active duty in the military: Daniel, Houston, Nick, and Seth.
5/8 - Steve Wolford; 5/9 - Cathy Ott; 5/13 - Abby Van Dyk, Robert Bullock Jr.
- Prelude: A meditation on 'Brother James's air' - Harold Darke
- Opening Hymn: Hymn 179 - "Welcome, happy morning!" - Fortunatus
- Gloria: S 280 - Glory to God in the highest
- Offertory: God is my shepherd - Antonin Dvořák
- Sanctus: S 129 - Holy, holy, holy Lord
- Fraction Anthem
- Communion Hymn: Hymn 664 - My shepherd will supply my need - Resignation
- Closing Hymn: Hymn 517 - How lovely is thy dwelling place - Brother James' Air
Clergy and Staff
- The Rev. William Jessee Neat, Rector
- The Rev. Dr. William G. Brown, Assisting Priest (Retired)
- The Rev. Nancy S. Farley, Assisting Priest (Retired)
- The Rev. Linda McCloud, Assisting Priest (Retired)
- The Rev. Deacon Rebecca A. Saager, Curate
- Mr. John B. Martin, Director of Music & Organist
- Ms. Mona Landrum Proctor, Parish & Financial Administrator
- Mr. David Gierlach, Sexton
Click here to see
Copyright © 2017 Church of the Ascension. All Rights Reserved.