In the name of Christ, we embrace all people to be nourished and empowered by the Holy Spirit to love and serve the world.
Volume 7, Issue #22
June 1, 2017
8th grade; son of Craig & Cindy Aossey
Hanover College, top honors, degree in Anthropology; granddaughter of Jim & Debbie Kimbrough
Charles Bryan Cox
University of Kentucky, BS in Kinesiology; grandson of Suzanne Cox
Charles Edward Cox
Riverview High School, Sarasota FL, heading to Gulf Coast University; grandson of Suzanne Cox
Lindsey Ann Cox
Franklin County High School, heading to UK, granddaughter of Suzanne Cox
University of Kentucky, Doctor of Philosophy, son of Michael & Maureen Davis
Shelley Sellwood Davis
University of Kentucky, Doctor of Education
wife of Cody Davis & daughter of David Sellwood
Western Hills High School, heading to Wofford College, son of Dr. Taylor & Melissa Hoover
Centre College; granddaughter of Carol Roe
Western Hills High School, daughter of Linda & James Word
CHILDREN - "Godly Play 1" and "Godly Play 2" - Every Sunday,
9:15 a.m. - contact Frances Kirchhoff (firstname.lastname@example.org).
CAYA teens and youth are on summer break; meetings will resume with the new school year. For more information, contact Kristi Buffenmyer (
HEAVENLY HILLTOP RAILROAD TRAIN RUN
Saturday, June 3
Please join Deacon Rebecca and Don Saager for family fun and fellowship. All are welcome! Pot-luck dinner will start around noon; trains will run from 10-4. Check out the trains online at
- and see
HELP! SUMMER SCHEDULES FOR MINISTRIES -
With summer activities come changes to Sunday availabilities.
please check the "Ministries Schedule" that is posted on the office window to review your upcoming assignments over the next few weeks. If you know you will not be available on a particular date(s), or if you need to be on a different team rotation, please mark that schedule as far in advance as possible -OR- tell or email Deacon Rebecca (
The same schedule is always included in the eWeekly newsletter as a PDF file -
FRANKFORT READING CAMP - June 19-23, 2017
- 5/7/17 - $ 4,033
- 5/14/17 - $ 5,269
- 5/21/17 - $ 5,249
- 5/28/17 - $ 3,428
Total Monthly Income: $ 17,979
Total Monthly Expenses: $ 28,944
- Please check this schedule EVERY WEEK to review your upcoming Sunday duties for the next few weeks. The same schedule is posted on the office window - please write in changes there, as needed, or notify Deacon Rebecca Saager.
- This schedule includes acolytes, chalice bearers, lectors, altar guild and men's club teams, coffee hour hosts, and vestry lockup duties, plus dedications for altar flowers.
- To share your time and talent in a new ministry, change your team assignment(s), change your availability for a future Sunday, or change duties assigned for THIS Sunday, please contact Deacon Rebecca Saager (email@example.com).
The Day of Pentecost: Whitsunday
Sunday, June 4, 2017
Daily Lectionary: Year One
Week of Proper 4, Year One (6/4/17) - BCP 968
8:00 a.m. - Rite I
- Subdeacon: Susan Kurtz
- Chalice Bearer: Will McKee
: Susie Oder
- Prayers of the People: Frances Kirchhoff
Acolyte: Angela Goetter
10:30 a.m. - Rite II
- Subdeacon: Susan Kurtz
- Chalice Bearer: Jim Kimbrough
- Lector: Bobbie Lee Wilson
: Daniel Aossey & Thomas Bemiss
Lucy & Charlotte Saunderson
JS: Peyton Heady & Hannah Lee
- Ushers: Scott & Kathy Kimbel
- Altar Guild: T4 - Rick & Sue Kurtz, Debbie & Jim Kimbrough, Jim King
- Men's Club: T3 - Roy Upshaw, Jack Bates, Charles Major, Fred Kirchhoff
(Reimbursable Vestry Pickup - Leah MacSwords)
- Jan Stevens is our Hospitality Coordinator - contact her by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to host Coffee Hour, please sign up on the printed sheet on the office window.
VESTRY LOCKUP DUTY: Leah MacSwords
Intercessions for the Church:
Summer Camp Programs in the Diocese of Lexington: Cathedral Domain Youth Camps, grades 1-12, Directors - Andy and Cindy Sigmon;
Reading Camp - Literacy Camps, grades 2-4.
Recently in need of prayers:
Avadot & Amy; Bob; Collin; Dillard; Elena; Faye & Steve; Jim & Debbie; Judy; Linda; Luke; Natalie; Polly; Walt & Betsy.
Ann; Bettie; Cody & Shelley; David; Debbie; Doris & Charlie; Duncan & Jo; Gail; Jan; Jean; Jinks; John; Julia; Lara; Marilyn; Ruth; Scott; Scott & Kathy; Shelia; Sherri; and Will & Trish. We also pray for those on active duty in the military: Daniel, Houston, Nick, and Seth.
6/4 -Joyce Sisk; 6/8 - Charlton Benners, Faye Thacker.
6/8 - Charles & Doris Hinds.
- Prelude: Choral varié sur le thème du "Veni Creator" - Maurice Duruflé
- Opening Hymn: Hymn 225 - Hail thee, festival day! - Salve festa dies
Hymn 504 - Glory to God in the highest
- Offertory: Spirit truth, pure light of love - Robert J. Powell
- Sanctus: S 128
- Fraction Anthem: S 165
- Communion Hymn: LEVAS 120 - Sweet, sweet spirit
- Closing Hymn: Hymn 516 - Come down, O Love divine - Down Ampney
- Postlude: Komm, Gott, Schöpfer, heiliger Geist - J.S. Bach
Clergy and Staff
- The Rev. William Jessee Neat, Rector
- The Rev. Dr. William G. Brown, Assisting Priest (Retired)
- The Rev. Nancy S. Farley, Assisting Priest (Retired)
- The Rev. Linda McCloud, Assisting Priest (Retired)
- The Rev. Deacon Rebecca A. Saager, Curate
- Mr. John B. Martin, Director of Music & Organist
- Ms. Mona Landrum Proctor, Parish & Financial Administrator
- Mr. David Gierlach, Sexton
Click here to see
Copyright © 2017 Church of the Ascension. All Rights Reserved.