In the name of Christ, we embrace all people to be nourished and empowered by the Holy Spirit to love and serve the world.
Volume 7, Issue #23
June 8, 2017
June 19-23, 2017
The 2017 Frankfort Reading Camp is almost upon us! We have volunteers, teachers, buddy counselors, and 34 campers all ready and waiting to begin. Decoration and setup start this week. Are you looking for a way to help this fifth annual Frankfort Reading Camp be successful? Food and financial donations are always welcome;
click here for details (PDF).
Core Godly Play Training
Godly Play Foundation
Education for Ministry
Sewanee, The University of the South,
School of Theology
CHILDREN - Music Education led by Christina Mazaheri is replacing Godly Play through June and July - all ages are welcome to come and join the fun! Gather in the Parish Hall every Sunday at 9:15 a.m.
CAYA teens and youth are on summer break; meetings will resume with the new school year. For more information, contact Kristi Buffenmyer (
The city is working on sidewalks in front of the church.
BUCKET & TOWELS
missing from the kitchen - did someone take them home to wash? Return to kitchen ASAP, please.
HELP! SUMMER SCHEDULES FOR MINISTRIES -
With summer activities come changes to Sunday availabilities.
please check the "Ministries Schedule" that is posted on the office window to review your upcoming assignments over the next few weeks. If you know you will not be available on a particular date(s), or if you need to be on a different team rotation, please mark that schedule as far in advance as possible -OR- tell or email Deacon Rebecca (
The same schedule is always included in the eWeekly newsletter as a PDF file -
DUELING PIANOS CONCERT
to benefit the Franklin County Humane Society - Sunday, June 25, 3 p.m. at Immanuel Baptist Church, 1075 Collins Lane, Frankfort. Admission free; monetary donations accepted at the door. Featuring: Gabrielle Gayheart, Roland Herzel, Gary Johnson &
- Please check this schedule EVERY WEEK to review your upcoming Sunday duties for the next few weeks. The same schedule is posted on the office window - please write in changes there, as needed, or notify Deacon Rebecca Saager.
- This schedule includes acolytes, chalice bearers, lectors, altar guild and men's club teams, coffee hour hosts, and vestry lockup duties, plus dedications for altar flowers.
- To share your time and talent in a new ministry, change your team assignment(s), change your availability for a future Sunday, or change duties assigned for THIS Sunday, please contact Deacon Rebecca Saager (email@example.com).
First Sunday After Pentecost: Trinity Sunday
Sunday, June 11, 2017
Daily Lectionary: Year One
Week of Proper 5, Year One (6/11/17) - BCP 970
8:00 a.m. - Rite I
- Subdeacon: Susan Kurtz
- Chalice Bearer: Mac Elliott
: Tony Charters
- Prayers of the People: Candy Charters
Acolyte: Peggy Stoner
10:30 a.m. - Rite II
- Subdeacon: Susan Kurtz
- Chalice Bearer: Suzanne Cox
- Lector: Laura Buffenmyer
: Reagan Napier & Hayden Hoover
Ian Pinkerton & Dominic Verry
JS: Peyton Heady & Hannah Lee
- Ushers: Fred & Frances Kirchhoff
- Altar Guild: T1 - Suzanne Cox, Laura & Kristi Buffenmyer
- Men's Club: T4 - Charlie Caudill, Timothy Agne, David Verry, Tom Richardson
(Reimbursable Vestry Pickup - Charlie Caudill)
- Jan Stevens is our Hospitality Coordinator - contact her by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to host Coffee Hour, please sign up on the printed sheet on the office window.
VESTRY LOCKUP DUTY: Charlie Caudill
Intercessions for the Church:
St. Martha's Church, Lexington - The Rev. Sandy Stone, Rector.
Recently in need of prayers:
Avadot & Amy; Bob; Collin; Dillard; Elena; Faye & Steve; Jan; Jim & Debbie; Judy; Linda; Luke; Natalie; Polly; Walt & Betsy.
Ann; Bettie; Cody & Shelley; David; Debbie; Doris & Charlie; Duncan & Jo; Gail; Jean; Jinks; John; Julia; Lara; Marilyn; Ruth; Scott; Scott & Kathy; Shelia; Sherri; and Will & Trish. We also pray for those on active duty in the military: Daniel, Houston, Nick, and Seth.
6/14 -Ron Gruzesky, Peggy Stoner; 6/15 - Joyce AMS Taylor; 6/16 - Michael Davis.
6/16 - Tony & Candy Charters.
- Opening Hymn: Hymn 362 - Holy, holy, holy! Lord God Almighty! - Nicea
- Gloria: S 280
- Gradual Psalm: S 236 - Canticle 13, A Song of Praise - Benedictus es, Domine
- Offertory: WLP 746 - God the sculptor of the mountains - Gerre Hancock
- Sanctus: WLP 858
- Fraction Anthem: S 165
- Communion Hymn: Hymn 367 - Round the Lord in glory seated - Rustington
- Closing Hymn: Holy Father, great Creator - Regent Square
Clergy and Staff
- The Rev. William Jessee Neat, Rector
- The Rev. Dr. William G. Brown, Assisting Priest (Retired)
- The Rev. Nancy S. Farley, Assisting Priest (Retired)
- The Rev. Linda McCloud, Assisting Priest (Retired)
- The Rev. Deacon Rebecca A. Saager, Curate
- Mr. John B. Martin, Director of Music & Organist
- Ms. Mona Landrum Proctor, Parish & Financial Administrator
- Mr. David Gierlach, Sexton
Click here to see
Copyright © 2017 Church of the Ascension. All Rights Reserved.