In the name of Christ, we embrace all people to be nourished and empowered by the Holy Spirit to love and serve the world.
Volume 7, Issue #24
June 15, 2017
THE 2017 FRANKFORT READING CAMP starts Monday!
Volunteers, teachers, buddy counselors, and 34 campers are excited and eager. Campers' families will attend an Open House on Saturday, and you are invited to walk through our decorated classrooms and meeting rooms on Sunday. Food donations are due by noon Sunday; funds are always welcome. C
ontact Rebecca Saager (
or 502.223.0557) or Jan Stevens (firstname.lastname@example.org) for details.
CHILDREN - Music Education led by Christina Mazaheri is replacing Godly Play through June and July - all ages are welcome to come and join the fun! Gather in the Parish Hall every Sunday at 9:15 a.m.
CAYA teens and young adults are on summer break; meetings will resume with the new school year. For more information, contact Kristi Buffenmyer (
HELP! SUMMER SCHEDULES FOR MINISTRIES -
With summer activities come changes to Sunday availabilities.
please check the "Ministries Schedule" that is posted on the office window to review your upcoming assignments over the next few weeks. If you know you will not be available on a particular date(s), or if you need to be on a different team rotation, please mark that schedule as far in advance as possible -OR- tell or email Deacon Rebecca (
The same schedule is always included in the eWeekly newsletter as a PDF file -
DUELING PIANOS CONCERT
to benefit the Franklin County Humane Society - Sunday, June 25, 3 p.m. at Immanuel Baptist Church, 1075 Collins Lane, Frankfort. Admission free; monetary donations accepted at the door. Featuring: Gabrielle Gayheart, Roland Herzel, Gary Johnson &
- 6/4/17 - $ 6,238
- 6/11/17 - $ 4,753
- Please check this schedule EVERY WEEK to review your upcoming Sunday duties for the next few weeks. The same schedule is posted on the office window - please write in changes there, as needed, or notify Deacon Rebecca Saager.
- This schedule includes acolytes, chalice bearers, lectors, altar guild and men's club teams, coffee hour hosts, and vestry lockup duties, plus dedications for altar flowers.
- To share your time and talent in a new ministry, change your team assignment(s), change your availability for a future Sunday, or change duties assigned for THIS Sunday, please contact Deacon Rebecca Saager (email@example.com).
Second Sunday After Pentecost: Proper 6
Sunday, June 18, 2017
Daily Lectionary: Year One
Week of Proper 6, Year One (6/18/17) - BCP 970
8:00 a.m. - Rite I
- Subdeacon: Susan Kurtz
- Chalice Bearer & Prayers of the People: Mac Elliott
: Mike Oder
- Acolyte: Stuart Brown
10:30 a.m. - Rite II
- Subdeacon: Susan Kurtz
- Chalice Bearer: Mac Elliott
- Lector: Shannon Lancaster
- Ushers: Linda & Tori Word
- Altar Guild: T1 - Suzanne Cox, Laura & Kristi Buffenmyer
- Men's Club: T1 - Geoff Pinkerton, William Legg, Pauline Van Horn, Skip Hunt
(Reimbursable Vestry Pickup - Linda Word)
- Jan Stevens is our Hospitality Coordinator - contact her by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to host Coffee Hour, please sign up on the printed sheet on the office window.
VESTRY LOCKUP DUTY: Linda Word
Intercessions for the Church:
Walnut Hill Church, Lexington - The Rev. Michael Ward, Pastor.
Recently in need of prayers:
Bob; Carol; Collin; Dillard; Elena; Faye & Steve; Jan; Jim & Debbie; Judy; Linda; Luke; Natalie; Polly; Walt & Betsy.
Ann; Bettie; Cody & Shelley; David; Debbie; Doris & Charlie; Duncan & Jo; Gail; Jean; Jinks; John; Julia; Lara; Marilyn; Ruth; Scott; Scott & Kathy; Shelia; Sherri; and Will & Trish. We also pray for those on active duty in the military: Daniel, Houston, Nick, and Seth.
6/19 - Roxie Hurt; 6/22 - Agnes Parman; 6/23 - Kristi Buffenmyer; 6/24 - Erin Campbell.
- Prelude: Prière - Jean Langlais
- Opening Hymn: Hymn 377 - All people that on earth do dwell - Old 100th
- Gloria: S 280
- Gradual Psalm: S 413 - Psalm 116:1, 10-17
- Offertory: Choral orné - Jean Langlais
- Sanctus: WLP 858
- Fraction Anthem: S 161
- Communion Hymn: Hymn 528 - Lord, you give the great commission - Rawthorn
- Closing Hymn: Hymn 541 - Come, labor on - Ora labora
Clergy and Staff
- The Rev. William Jessee Neat, Rector
- The Rev. Dr. William G. Brown, Assisting Priest (Retired)
- The Rev. Nancy S. Farley, Assisting Priest (Retired)
- The Rev. Linda McCloud, Assisting Priest (Retired)
- The Rev. Deacon Rebecca A. Saager, Curate
- Mr. John B. Martin, Director of Music & Organist
- Ms. Mona Landrum Proctor, Parish & Financial Administrator
- Mr. David Gierlach, Sexton
Click here to see
Copyright © 2017 Church of the Ascension. All Rights Reserved.