COMBINED ADULT SUMMER SUNDAY MORNING CLASSES - During the summer months, several of the adult Sunday morning classes give their teachers a rest and meet together for a combined class. The class meets in the Fellowship Hall and begins at 10:00 AM.
SECOND SATURDAY CONCERT SERIES - Join us for the free concerts at The Cove on Second Saturdays from 6:00-8:00 PM! On June 8, the band performing will be Kutzu. Wear your Concord United t-shirt and bring a blanket or lawn chair and come sit with us. (Sponsored by the Young Adult and 55+ Ministry.)
- Wednesdays at 6:30 PM, Studio - Join us for a series of messages about "Jesus: The New Moses." This is a great way to get a midweek lift or to stay in touch if travel or other conflicts take you away from Sunday worship. Come as you are for this special time of music, prayer and message for all ages. Nursery available for 5 yr olds and younger.
MIDWEEK STUDY - LUNCH & LEARN - Wednesdays beginning June 19 from 11:30 AM - 1:00 PM in Room 296 - Join this group as they study Reaching for the Invisible God by Philip Yancey. This class is facilitated by Glenna Manning.
VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL
- July 8-12 -
Make VBS amazing
by giving your time to spend with children. Many volunteers are needed to make this event successful.
Teachers - lessons provided. Also, someone to organize already purchased snacks and lead the team in feeding the children. To register to volunteer or participate:
MOSAIC CREATIVE ARTS CAMP, July 15-19 - Designed for children of all ages to learn more about our Creator through music and creative arts.
UNITED IN RECOVERY - Mondays at 6 PM! Join us in the Studio on Mondays at 6 PM for United In Recovery. This is a Christ-Centered 12 Step ministry for anyone who struggles with addictions, compulsive behaviors, or simply being overwhelmed by life's challenges and their loved ones. Details can be found at www.concordumc.com/recovery.
Gifts have been given in memory of:
- Carol Padgett, Jane Currin’s sister, (Missions Fund)
- Charles Bramwell (Wesley Woods Camp)
- Betty Dalgleish, Judy Johnson’s mother, (CADES Fund)
- Ellie Martin (CADES Fund)
Gifts have been given in honor of:
- Jane Currin (Missions Fund)
- Pat Kegley (Preschool)
- Bill Witt (Community Garden Fund)
- Mike Stallings (Music Fund)
- Sandy O’Rear (CADES Fund)
THIS & THAT
WESLEY HOUSE SNACK COLLECTION
– During the month of June Concord Mission Ministry will be collecting snacks to feed the 121 children enrolled in the daily Wesley House Summer Program. Please drop off the snacks on the metal shelves outside of the church office or in the East Corridor. Suggested Snacks: Individual chip bags, snack cakes, breakfast bars, granola bars, peanut butter or cheese crackers, freezy pops, gummie snacks, fruit roll ups, individual drinks, such as: capri suns, little jugs, fruit punch and small gatorades
FARRAGUT JULY 4 PARADE
- If you would like to be part of the planning for the float and activities for Concord's participation in the upcoming Farragut July 4 parade, please contact Glenna Manning (email@example.com) by
no later than June 5. A great opportunity for families and small groups and classes to join together to make special memories and have fun!
PAID NURSERY TEACHER OPPORTUNITY
- A job in the Sunday morning nursery program is available. Contact Katy Humphries (firstname.lastname@example.org) for a job description or to apply.
ALTAR FLOWERS NEEDED
- If you would be willing to provide flowers in the Sanctuary - Contact Carolyn Phillips,
. Open Dates: June 23 and 30.
- Large Canned Soup (larger than 15 oz), Canned Fruit, Shampoo, Conditioner, Bar Soap
The Mission Ministry at Concord invites you to join in a Farmhouse Supper planned for Saturday, July 20 at 6:30 PM
at the scenic farm of Jodi & Terry Savage located in Townsend
With views of the Smokies, live music by Brandywine, appetizers and mocktails, entrée with sides and desserts, it promises to be a wonderful time.
This is a fundraiser benefiting Concord United Missions and will help fund national and international missions. This is an outdoor event, so wear comfy shoes and dress casual. Also, it is NOT handicap accessible. Tickets are $100 each and will be sold on Sunday, June 9 and 16 in the east corridor and during the week in Jane Currin's office. There are only 64 tickets available, so don't delay.
CEDAR BLUFF MIDDLE SCHOOL PROJECTS
We will be partnering with Cedar Bluff Middle School to improve their outdoor space; and make some repairs in June. Many hands, of all ages, are needed to help us make repairs to the GAGA Pit, create steps on a hill to the outdoor classroom, and repainting lines on the playground (4 square and B-ball). Watch for more details or let Jane know if you can help out with these projects, email
OUR LIVES TOGETHER
The love and sympathy of the congregation is extended to
David Royse on the death of his sister,
Jean Royse, who died on May 29.