we just wanted to let you know that the deadline for Winter School abstract submissions (MRI, Quality and Safety Focus) has been extended to Wednesday, December 12, 2018. Click here to learn more.
Read below if you want more Canadian Winter School details or consider this email to a colleague in your centre; all MRI professionals are encouraged to attend. Big thanks to CAMRT and CAR for their contributions and thank you for your time!
Dates: February 5-8, 2019
Topic: Quality & Safety in MRI For Medical Imaging and Radiation Therapy
- Chris Bowen, PhD, Assistant Professor, Dalhousie University
- Santanu Chakraborty, MBBS, MRCP, DMRD, FRCR, FRCP(C), Radiologist, The Ottawa Hospital and Professor, University of Ottawa
- Kevin King, MD, Radiologist and Director of Imaging Research, Huntington Medical Research Institutes, San Diego
- Walter Kucharczyk, MD, FRCPC, Physician Lead for Research, Toronto General Hospital, and Professor, University of Toronto
- Michael Milosevic, MD, FRCPC, Radiation Oncologist, Princess Margaret Hospital and Professor, University of Toronto
- Calum Redpath, MD PhD, Cardiologist, University of Ottawa Heart Institute, and Assistant Professor, University of Ottawa
- Adam Shuhendler, PhD, Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry and Biomolecular Sciences, University of Ottawa
- Richard Smith, Chief, Ionizing Radiation Physical Sciences Division
- Nancy Talbot, MAppSc, MRT(MR)(R), Joint Department of Medical Imaging, University Health Network, Toronto
- Graeme Wardlaw, PhD, Medical Physicist, Health Canada, Ottawa
- Atiyah Yahya, PhD, FCCPM, Associate Professor, University of Alberta...full program here
Participants will have the opportunity to present related topics or research in project galleries. Abstracts are due by December 12,
to access all the information you will need in order to prepare and deliver your submission.
Lord Elgin Hotel (rooms from $179, 25 mins from the airport!)
Early Bird rate ends Jan 4, register for $800
includes meals and access to session recordings!
As this is the first MRI-focused Winter School, you will be participating in shaping the landscape of MRI practice in Canada by:
- Connecting with leaders in the medical physics and radiology community
- Developing relationships with key decision-makers
- Increasing your company's visibility and image
- Learning about emerging issues in the medical imaging community in Canada and beyond
to access the sponsorship prospectus and
today to discuss the opportunities available.
In February 2019, the COMP Winter School will extend its traditional themes of quality
and safety to the field of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). With increasing availability of MRI facilities and growing use of the technology, it is important to consider issues of quality and safety in MR imaging. The Winter School's objectives will
- help participants expand their knowledge in these areas,
- promote MRI safety,
- encourage high quality MR imaging, and
- discuss how to improve MR imaging in a multi-disciplinary setting.
Time will be set aside for stimulating discussion on these themes, touching on advances in the field and best practices in all aspects of MRI.
Open to all MRI Professionals
Winter School is a collegial multi-professional learning environment where delegates learn from the experts and from each other. The program, organized in collaboration with the Canadian Association of Radiologists (CAR) and the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT), features content from experts in patient care, MR safety, imaging systems, image quality, and advanced applications.
Attendance is open to all professionals working in this area - physicists, radiation oncologists, technologists, radiologists and others!
Join us at the 2019 Winter School
, or encourage a colleague to attend and report back to your centre, the session recordings are also included in the registration fee.
The Lord Elgin has a great rate secured for Winter School, click here to reserve your room for $179 per night. The hotel is located one 20-30 minute Lyft/Uber/Cab ride away from the Ottawa airport, even in rush hour traffic!
Ottawa, Ontario is the perfect Canadian place to be in February, you just may even want to stay an extra few days! Winter School happens at the same time as Winterlude,
a celebration of what northern winter has to offer
. Check out the programming here, warning, it may include beavertails!
Thank you to our contributing partners:
|Important dates to note
We look forward to welcoming you!