Grove Church, in North Bergen, NJ, is seeking a:
Director of Music & Worship (Part Time-15 hours/week)
The music director will work closely with our pastor in cultivating worship
services and worship teams that help lead our congregation to see and
savor the greatness of God in Jesus Christ, in the power of the Spirit.
Fostering dynamic congregational worship, singing the best of the old and
the best of the new, is a key priority for our church and we are seeking an
individual who's called and gifted by God in the following areas:
1. Collaborating in the planning of our weekly Sunday 10:45am worship
service. Choosing congregational hymns and songs that engage the
congregation and support the reading and preaching of God's Word.
2. Modeling and leading heartfelt worship in an invitational style - that
draws people in, encourages participation, and points people to Jesus.
3. Recruiting, auditioning, teaching, and training volunteer musicians and
singers in the church and community to serve the congregation as a team
with musical skill and humility.
4. Building up a core/several teams of volunteers to sing/play/minister in
Sunday morning worship. This could include a praise team/volunteer
choir/quartet/soloists/ children's choir/etc.
5. Leading weekly rehearsals/Bible Studies that serve a dual purpose: (A)
preparation for Sunday and (B) cultivation of Christ-centered community.
6. Building on our traditions and having a vision for where God might be
calling our congregation and our musicians to grow in new expressions of
7. Serving as a member of the ministry team at Grove, demonstrating a
commitment to this congregation and its mission.
8. Oversee the AV/Production team and volunteers.
This individual is expected to: (A) be gifted in leading congregational
worship (B) have a pastoral heart and love for Christ (C) be skilled in
leading with/playing an instrument (D) possess leadership and
organizational skills, and (E) be a team player.
If interested, please submit Resume AND Cover Letter to