MATCOM's team provide a variety of industrial services predominantly around the GTA, however our reach extends to all provinces and at times around the globe. Our employees provide top level service in the Industrial Installation and Re-locations, Industrial Mechanical and Industrial Service areas. Being a part of our team is to be a part of the best in our industries.
Steamfitter is responsible for completing all job tasks with strict adherence to company Health & Safety policies and procedures including, but not limited to, the layout, measuring, cutting and installation of all sizes and types of pipe materials; inspect, repair and modify when required all types of the piping systems; responsible for the installation, adjustment and start-up of all accompanying line items such as valves, sight glasses and gaskets. During short or major maintenance shutdowns, this role may involve process and equipment changes as well as repairs to equipment that may not be accessible under normal operating conditions.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Required)
- Be knowledgeable of the characteristics of chemicals, steam, glycol, compressed air and any other fluid which flows through the piping systems.
- Must be willing to work shifts and overtime as required and to travel out of town and to stay overnight for the purpose of performing the work.
We thank all interested candidates, but only those candidates who qualify will be contacted for an Interview. All first interviews will be conducted via a Zoom (or similar web-conference app) meeting. Matcom is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing diversity and accommodation for applicants upon request in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends and holidays as required
We have a Covid-19 policy in place and are following all guidelines from public health authorities and the Government to ensure that our practices are aligned with the latest recommendations.
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Please send your resume to : firstname.lastname@example.org